Chapter 2: Jamie Lovato The Blind

Jamie

"Wait, as in the celebrity Demi Lovato?" I ask her and turn towards her voice where I think she is standing.

"Yup, the one and only." She says.

"Well this is cool. Never met a celebrity before." And I gesture her to sit down. I'll tell you where I am, I'm outside—I think—in the backyard with my back against a tree and the grass underneath my fingers so yeah I'm outside with a soft wind hitting me every once and a while.

She sat by me because I heard leaves crunching and I look toward her direction but won't know what she looks like.

"So are you a Lovatic?" She questions.

"No, I mean I know who you are and I heard a few songs from you but I don't know you. Get me?" I tell her, my fingers pulling on the grass beneath me.

"Oh okay then so what are you doing out here instead of in there?" She asks, her voice was smooth yet gentle.

"I wanted some fresh air and just wanted to think." I say, nodding my head, looking away from her direction.

"Oh then I would leave you to that and go—" I interupted her before she could say any more.

"No, you can stay. I don't mind."

"What's your name?"

"Jamie. Jamie Santiago."

"How old are you?"

"Fourteen."

"Twenty one."

"Okay so what's your favorite color?"

"Turquoise with zebra print, you?"

"Black." I could hear a smile when she tells me.

"Uh favorite instrument?"

"Guitar." We both say in unison. I chuckle and she laughs.

"Favorite Disney movie?"

"The Lion King duh." I laugh.

"Okay uh favorite thing to do?"

"Cooking and drawing." I tell her but I haven't draw in a while but I still love it.

"Singing and acting." We keep on asking more questions to each other like that for a moment when I ask.

"Um Demi if I can ask, what are you doing here? At the orphange when you have everything you wish for."

"Yes I may have everything I wish for but I have been getting lonely at home and on tours that I don't have anyone to talk to or care about, it gets lonely when you live in such a big house and your family is far away." She says, sighing deeply.

"Oh well okay then."

"You know you have really beautiful eyes." She tells me. Hm the last time I remember what color my eyes were a light brown color.

"I would say the same but I can't actually see you so you're very pretty even though I don't know how you exactly look like." I say to her sheepishly and bent my head a little.

"What do you mean you can't see me?" She asks with confusion seeping into her voice.

"I'm blind." And look toward where I think she's still sitting at. She gasps and says, "I'm so sorr—" I cut her off before she could say anymore.

"Don't. Don't you dare say you're sorry and don't you dare pity me. I don't need any pity. I've gone through a lot of shit in my life and yes I've regret a few things but I don't want anymore pity from other people. I've been used to this so why don't you go and get some small kid that will give you love." I say, fuming. I didn't want her to pity me, I don't need any pity.

"No, I don't want another kid. I think I already found her." I could hear her shuffling around, and I could feel her moving closer to me. I inch away from her.

"Okay, tell her that she can live an awesome life and that I'm happy that she gets a family who cares about her." I say and look toward another direction instead of her.

"It's you." I whip my head back to the sound of her voice that I'm suprised that I didn't get a whiplash. My jaw dropped in shock. Did she said what I think she just said?

"What?! Why me?! I'm different from other girls! I'm not normal!" I say to her because who wants a kid that's blind and will add more stress to them? This woman does.

"So? Normal isn't fun! I don't care if you're different from other girls, I want you." I stood up and started to pace around the tree. My hand always on the bark so I wouldn't hit something else and as I paced, I didn't felt her. Demi must've stand up.

Pausing, I turned to her and say, "Is it for the public? Is it for the money out of it? Is it to make fun of me because I can't see?! That I can't do many things as others and always need someone to help me?! I don't like the feeling of people always helping me! Yes I understand that I do need them but I want to feel at least something I can do without hurting myself! Or are you going to leave at the end of all this?! Like everybody else?!" I shouted at her. Shaking my head, I scoffed and leaned against the tree.

"No, I promise that I won't leave you. I wanna help you. I wanna give you a home. I wanna give you a family. I wanna take care of you even though it will be tough but I don't care. I wanna see you grow up into a beautiful woman. And most importantly I wanna love yo—no I already love you like you're my own daughter." I stay slient after I heard the caring tone of her voice.

If I go with Demi and live with her then maybe I would have a family that loves me but if I don't then I would be stuck here for the rest of my life.

I'll give it a shot. I mean what could go wrong?

"I want you as my daughter but I won't sign the papers until you let me." I could hear the pleading in her voice. I think she really wants me.

"Okay. But if you ever leave me then I won't forgive like the rest. Understood? I don't want to get hurt again." I whisper, turning to my body to face her direction.

She squeals so loud that I could've gone deaf right there, but then I feel arms wrap around my waist and soon enough she is spinning us around.

"You're hugging me! Why are you hugging me?" I yell at her. She stops and sets me down on solid ground.

"Because I'm happy! Now come on, let's go sign those papers!" And I hear her footsteps retreating. I follow after her because I know this place like the back of my hand. It took a lot of headaches but soon I know where everything was in this place.

"Uh Demi?" I say out loud for her to hear me.

"Yeah?" She replays.

"Forgot about something?"

I hear her giggle then. "Sorry I was too excited. We'll sign the papers and get you ready to go home." I give her a small smile and she links her arm with mine. We sign the papers, got my stuff and not before they told Demi that I needed a guard dog if she's gonna adopt me. We got into her car with her helping me in and backing out before she says to me.

"Let's go home Jamie Lovato."