Chapter 21: Second Taunt

~Jamie~

"But it is true! I'm dangerous, useless and I can't help people even if I want to!" I yelled at Rocky. We were walking home and I decided to tell her on how I feel about being blind.

"I don't see you shooting anyone! And your not useless! Just because you can't help me write the project doesn't mean that you can give me ideas! And you do help people, one way or another." She yells back.

"Rocky, I don't want you to be near me! I have this shit case of a killer tracking me down and I don't want you, the boys, Demi or anyone for the fact to get hurt just because of me!" I yelled. I stop walking and turns toward her direction.

"I don't care! Your my friend and I'll help you get through this!" She says firmly and sternly.

"Prove it." I say.

"How?"

"If something happens, lets hope not, that if something happens to me will you come save me or leave me there dying? Will you come? Or stand there, watching me die?" I ask and cross my arms over me chest. Louise by my side.

"You have my word." I nodded and let Louise guide me to our house.

Something was off. I know it.

I stop before we could walk inside and heard Louise growl beside me. I threw my arm out and stop Rocky from moving any further.

"What? What's wrong?" She asks me, confusion and worried clear in her voice.

I didn't answer. My arm that was holding Louise felt around for my gun that I keep in my jeans. I grab it and aim forward.

"Whatever you do, stay behind me." I say firmly.

It's better me dying instead of her. She got a life to live and I'll not stand in her way of it.

"I take back what I say about you not shooting anything." Rocky said behind me and I smirk to myself.

I move slowly inside, pointed the gun at any sound I heard as Louise guide me with Rocky behind me.

No suspicious sounds. No movement going on. No breathing or anything.

This is having me on the edge.

Then I heard it.

I hear ticking.

What is that ticking?

Sucks for not knowing what's in front of you, huh?

We were in the living room and while I was listening closely to the ticking, thinking of what it could be when I heard Rocky say,

"Dude, your house is fucked." Rocky said, astonish.

"What do you mean?" I ask her.

"I mean that someone broke in and trash your house. Everything is shattered, broken or rip apart." She says and I hear her walk around. Now I know why I'm stepping on stuff.

Guess this was another part of his plan.

"It's not Christmas." Confusion lacing into her voice.

"No, it's February." I answer quietly. I was confuse also but kept the gun pointed to the ground.

"What do you see?" I ask her.

"A present. Wrap in Christmas paper on the center of the floor." I turn toward her and walk to her direction. I was beyond the edge now. I put the gun back in my jeans.

I grab her shoulder and said, "Rocky, I'm going to open it and when I do, your going to tell me what's inside. Okay?"

"Yeah, okay. Just be careful." I nod and walk to the center of the room and crouch down, felt around for the box and put my hands on the top.

I quickly open it and heard Rocky gasp in fear and shock. I turn my head toward her and say urgently,

"What is it!?"

"A- a bom- bomb!"

My eyes widened in shock as I turn back to the box in my hands.

So that was the ticking!

It was a fucking bomb!

"Is it counting?!" I ask her and set the box carefully down. My heart picking up speed as it thump against my rib cage rapidly.

"5 minutes and counting!" She screams.

"Fuck it! We have to disactivate it!" I yelled.

"What!? Are you crazy?! We're gonna get killed!" She yells at me. I ignore that and say,

"Anything else beside the ticking bomb?!"

"A note?" She questions. She's uncertain for a moment before reading it out loud to me as I quickly let go of Louise and stand up.

'Tick tock goes the bomb,

Tick tock goes your life.

Love, your worst nightmare.'

My face paled at the words that were written on the note. I grab the note out of her hand and stuff it in my pocket.

I crouch down and took out my dagger and I heard Rocky crouch next to me.

"Is there any wires?" I ask her and put the bomb in front of us.

"Two. Green and red." Her voice quivering.

She started to freak out on me as I try to think which one to cut.

Red will mean either saving our asses or blowing us up.

Green either stoping it or give us less time or same with the red.

I slap her.

"Get a hold of yourself women! We are not going to die!" I yell at her, and balancing my options.

"Who says that we aren't?!" She yells and I heard her pace around.

"Because I said so! Now tell me where the wires are!" I scream and felt around for the wires. Soon I had them both in hands with my dagger in my right.

All I need to know is which color.

"Red is on your right and green your left." She squeaks and gets behind me. I know that she is scared shit less so I let her squeeze me and bury her head in my back. I close my eyes tightly.

I breathe in and out and said a silent prayer.

I didn't waste any time.

I cut red.

I heard it stop ticking and then it started again but more rapidly.

I panic. "Shit! What happen?!"

"You cut us 2 minutes you bitch!" Rocky screams into my ear. I ignore the 'bitch' part, grab her hand, put my dagger away in my shoe and ran upstairs with her.

I ran into my room and grab the stuff I need.

I know. I know.

Why am I getting stuff when there is a bomb ticking downstairs?

I need these for memories.

I grab my glasses, stuff penguin, phone, earrings, cane, paper and pen, my pendent, my book, my bracelet that I made when I was little, guitar, Louise harness and stuff them all in my bag.

They may seem useless to you but I really do need them.

I don't care if they fit or not, I just need them.

For the future.

You'll know soon.

I threw on the bag and guitar across my shoulder, grab Rocky's hand as she was sobbing hysterically and the other hand took out my gun and pointed to the ground. I ran to the back entrance and tried to open the door.

Key word: tried.

It was lock.

What I fucking need right now.

I threw myself at the door. Once. Twice. Three times.

Nothing. It wouldn't budge.

Ugh, Demi why did you buy doors that are practically steel?

"I already tried the doors and windows. Everything is lock and won't budge." She sob into my arm. I didn't know she left my side.

Guess I have to break it down then.

Doesn't matter if I break it down or not, the house is gonna blow up anyways.

I aim the gun at the knob and look away. "Get behind me." I say and she did as she was told.

I shoot. Once. Twice. Three times and the knob came off. I threw myself at the door and it open. I grab her hand once again and ran outside.

Now what? If we run down the street we have a lucky chance of getting killed by a wall or something when the house blows up.

Better go underground.

Safe than sorry. Right?

I remember back when Demi showed me around the house that she had some sort of underground lair. It was technically made up for earthquakes and it has the super valence in there.

"Demi you are a genius!" I scream out and ran down the hill with Rocky since it was a little down. We got there and I punch in the code and drag Rocky inside. I push her in and lock the door with the same code. I quickly went downstairs, threw my stuff somewhere and grab Rocky again and sat in the corner. I felt Louise came to us as I grip onto Rocky in a death grip as she did to me.

I squeeze my eyes shut and counted down in my head as Rocky sob into my neck while I was whispering into her ear that 'We're going to be okay' over and over again.

5....

4....

3....

2....

1....

KA-BOOM!

Everything shook. It felt like a earthquake. The room moved and shook as Rocky scream into my shoulder and Louise whine. I just hold them tightly and close as the eathquake like ka-boom thing went down.

Everything went silent as it stop. We hold our breaths, thinking that there would be another. But after a few minutes, nothing. Everything was still and silent.