Chapter 17: School

~Jamie~

"Jamie."

I groan and stuff my head in my pillow.

"Jamie, come on. You need to get up." She say.

I grunt and roll to the opposite side of the her.

"No." I mumble into my pillow.

"Okay then."

I sigh happily as I heard that they went quiet and snuggle into my pillow. I soon felt someone turn me over and then straddled me and started to kiss my face all over. I giggle and took a hold of Demi's face and say.

"Okay, okay; I'm up. You can stop kissing my face now."

She giggles but pecks my cheek and says.

"Come on hon, you got school and I need to bring you to class." And leaves to get ready.

I also got up and got ready. When that was done I was walking down the stairs with Louise when I smelled something good was cooking. Demi, I guess she took my help seriously. I smile at the smell and walk into the kitchen.

"What's cookin?" I ask her and sat down.

"Bacon, eggs and toast! I haven't burn them!" She cheers happily and I smile.

She finishes and hands me a plate and I started to eat them. Hm, she is getting good at cooking. I told her about how well she's doing and she laughs happily. We finish eating, I grab my bag and kiss Louise on the head goodbye; grab my cane and walk out with Demi. She drove me to school while I was nervous about it.

Different questions went through my mind but I was soon snap out of it with Demi asking me.

"What's up babe?"

"Oh nothing. Global warming, world hunger and people killing each other." I say sarcastically.

She chuckles and I bet she shook her head.

"Okay, okay now tell me what's really bugging you."

I sigh and decided to tell her, "I'm nervous about going."

"Go on."

I bent my head down in shame and mumble, "I'm nervous about the kids. Who would wants to be friends with a blind girl? I'm more or so a freak to them."

The car suddenly stops and I heard her door open and footsteps. My door soon opens and she turns me around so I'm guessing facing her and she puts her hands firmly on my shoulders.

"You listen to me Jamie Serenity Lovato. You are not a freak, do you understand me? No where near a freak. Who cares if they don't like you for you. I do and I give a fuck if anything happens to you and you sure as hell would make good friends there that would be there for you through thick and thin. My daughter would not even turn her head to the haters and would move on from it with me at her side at all times. You will walk in there with your head held up high and forget about them. You hear me?" I seriously couldn't keep the smirk from playing on my face while Demi made her small speech. This is what I love about her, she ignores the haters and would not let their words hurt her. I admire her for it really.

I smile widely at her and hug her. "Your awesome Dem." I whisper into her ear. She gives me a reassurance squeeze and let's go of me. She returns driving and grabs my hand. After a bit I remember to ask her about the Serenity thing.

"Serenity?" And turn toward her direction with a playful glint in my smile.

"Um... well uh I uh kinda sorta put that as your middle name." She says really quickly and I could tell that she is already blushing. I chuckle and say.