Spend our summers together

Spend our summers together (Jason aldean/Lexi Wilson, Lizzie/Luke Bryan, Ali/Brantley Gilbert)

25-year old Lexi Wilson threw her work jacket on the back of a chair in her works back room, grabbed her bag and made her way out of her work place waving to her coworkers has she made her way to 3 months of freedom. She quickly made her way across the parking lot to truck that sit a little way from the others. She climbed into the passenger side with a smile.

"Took you long enough." Her boyfriend of almost a year said.

"Shut up." She said leaning in and kissing him. If you had told her a year ago that she would be in a serious relationship with Jason Aldean she would of called you insane but a year in and she didn't see herself leaving his side ever. She stellted into her seat and watched her small Kentucky town pass them by has they headed for TN and the bus depot. 2 hours later they were on Jason's bus with added company, his best friend Luke Bryan and Luke's wife Lizzie. Lizzie had became fast friends with Lexi.

"So you ready for a wild summer?" Lizzie asked sitting down next to her. As the boys took over the tv watching trial cam footage.

"Yep! Honestly I think I'm more excited  about spending so much time with Jason. Getting to travel america is just a added bonus." Lexi said with a laugh. A month later Lexi was laying on a blanket in the grass of the venue that Jason would play later that night. She felt him lay down next to her and pull her onto his chest.

"Whatcha thinking about?" He asked running a hand though her hair.

"How perfect this past month has been I don't want sep to come." She said quietly.

"You don't have to leave, you know that."

"I can't be that girl! I can't just free load off of you."

"What if you had a job?"

"Like what?"

"Well for part of the tour I have this very promising new act but she needs guidance and somebody she'll listen to and god knows it's not me."

"Keeley?"

"Yes and I figure you could help me make sure my ass is where it's supposed to be."

"I like watching your ass."

"Exactly perfect job for you." He said kissing her.

"Hand me my phone." She asked, he handed her the iPhone with the custom purple and camo buck commander case on it.

"What are you doing?"

"Giving my two weeks notice." She said with a laugh. A few weeks later in a different town Lexi was once again on her blanket but this time Lizzie and their other friend Brantley Gilbert's wife Ali was with them.

"So we get you all the time now?" Ali asked watching has her 4 year old was chased by Lizzie's 2 year old.

"Yep."

"Hell yea!" Lizzie said laying back on the blanket. Lexi said nothing just enjoyed the carefree lightheartedness of the day.

Two weeks later she watched from the Corner of the stage has a little girl conquered a big fear.

"I know I begged for this, but I can't do this!" 14-year old Keeley said turning to her in a panic.

"You'll be okay ke" Lexi said noticing the young girl's panic she got a idea. She retuned a few minutes later with the keys to Jason's bronco. A few mintues later they were in a karaoke bar. Lexi handed her the guitar.

"Sing your oringal, I'm right behind ya." Lexi said following her to the stage. Keeley walked to the main mic while Lexi walked to the back up mic. 4 minutes later Lexi's arms were full of Keeley has she hugged her.

"Thank you lex!!" Keeley said.

That night Lexi stood to the side of the stage watching has Keeley made her father's fans her own. Lexi felt Jason came up behind her and wrap his arms around her pulling her close.

"Thank you." He whispered kissing her ear.

"Your welcome."

All too soon the summer was ending Keeley and Kendyl returned to TN to live with their mom for the school year. The final show they were at for the year happened to be Lexi's 'hometown' show. Louisville was two hours north of her hometown but it had been the place she saw many concerts and had even met Jason there. She was standing side stage like always watching has Jason rocked out. She looked on confused when he dindt launch into his last song before the encore. She felt Keeley and Kendyl grab her hands and pull her onto the stage. She soon stood face to face with Jason. It was then that she noticed Luke,Lizzie, Ali and Brantley on the other side of the stage. Jason stepped up to his mic.

"Louisville I can never forgot this city, because this city gave me this beatfuil woman whose standing by my side." He said turning to Lexi.

"This city already holds a few magical memories for us so I want to add another." He said reaching for the box Keeley handed him. He took it and kneeled down in front of Lexi.

"Alexis Wilson, I love you, have since the word go. Will you do me the honor of being my wife and being my girls step mom?"  Jason asked showing her the engagement ring that was a custom pink camo set.

"Yes!" She said though her tears as he slid the ring on to her hand, standing up and kissing her. The next song started to play, she moved to go back to her spot but was surprised when Jason kept ahold of her.

"Me and Keeley have a special song for you." Lexi said nothing just picked Kendyl up and held the 6 year old close.

WHEN I NEEDED YOU MOST

They say miracles don't happen every day

But in my heart I know that isn't true

There are blessings that are more than merely miracles

And every day... in every way

That blessing is you

CHORUS

You stepped into my life

When I needed you most

Growing so close

You shared my tears and my laughter

You opened my eyes

To the kind of love you give

And your love will live

In my heart forever after

There are heroes in this world who go unsung

Yet they touch so many lives along their way

With no spotlight no applause... they're like shining stars

And every day... in every way

You're my hero

REPEAT CHORUS

Life isn't always easy

But you've never turned away

And deep inside I know

I'll always bless the day...

After the song ended Jason and Keeley both pulled her in a hug.

That night Lexi was on the couch in the bus, Jason beside her both girls sprawled across them asleep.

"Did you have a good summer?" Jason asked has he caught her checking out her ring.

"Best summer ever." She said kissing him as the bus rolled back to Nashville.