Kiss at a campfire

Kiss at a campfire (Jason aldean/Lexi, Lizzie/Luke Bryan)

16 year old Lexi Wilson watched from her log by the campfire as her best friend 18- year old Lizzie whitlow danced with her latest boy as the newest country song drifted from the speakers in one of the trucks. Tattoos on this town was a song that lexi and lizzie had agreed to live all the words to as they were sit to leave for Georgia Southern in the fall .even though lexi was only 16 she had been on the fast track with school for a while, and she saw college as her way of getting away from the foster care system that she had been a ward of since she was 3. She watched with a sad smile as lizzie pulled her boy in close and kissed him. Lexi just wanted someone to love her, she had found a part of that in lizzie but she wanted a boy to look at her like she was the whole world.

At 18, lexi sit on a different log in a compeltley differnet state with everyone from her past gone. Her and lizzie had drifted apart when lizzie had gotten pregrant their first year of college and their worlds compteley changed. Lizzie had moved north to TN to be with the baby's father while Lexi had stayed in GA. She pushed her feet into the sand feeling it squishing thourgh her toes. She had came to Florida with her roommate Kasi to her Father's place. She had fiugred it was a free trip so why not. But she hadn't expected the guy that was sitting next to her to happen. Jason Williams was kasi's older brother, to the world he was Jason aldean country superstar. He had captured her heart on the first day and now 4 days in she dindt want to let him go but she knew in 3 days time her and kasi were back to geogira southern and he was back to Nashville and his superstar life and forgotting all about the girl who shared his bed for a week in fl. She smiled up at him as he wrapped his arm around her and pulled her close to him.

"Whatcha ya thinking about?" Jason asked kissing her forehead.

"Leaving you." She said sadly, pushing back her tears.

"I promise you this week inst just a footnote in the story, this is the beginning. We'll make this work." He said leaning down and kissing her.

At 20, she sit by the campfire at the buck commander hunting camp with Jason's two girls sitting beside her. Her engagement ring glittering in the firelight. Jason had proposed to her a year ago at the same beach they had met at. She watched as Jason and a couple of his friends stood off to the side talking. She was enjoying seeing this side of Jason. She picked Jason's youngest Kendyl up when she reached for her. She picked her up, and smiled at her before kissing her cheek. Before cuddling into her lap.

At 21, she sit at black jack ridge watching mthe fire slowly die. She smiled as she heard Jason and his best friend Luke play guitars and listen as the same song they had listened to all those years ago around the highschool bonfire. But this time instead of coming from the radio it came from the people who oringaly done it. She smiled as she seen Lizzie dancing with her 4 year old Bo kissing his forehead. Lexi looked up as Jason walked toward her, kissing her before resting his hand on her 6 month old baby bump.