Paint Riddled

Zane came back the next day. The boys felt so bad by then, they didn't talk anymore. Just sat shuffling and drawing in the dirt.

Jay saw him first. He smiled wide, and with a smack to the others arm he pointed. "Zane!" They all stood to run to him and envelope him in a hug. "I'm so sorry Zane"

"I didn't mean it."
"Shouldn't have said that..."

They all muttered their apologies and he accepted with a happy smile. Aww, sweet boys. Zane turned to me, still propped against my rock.

The white ninja came up to me and gently lifted me up. He was gentle, and made sure he didn't hurt me or snag my bandages. "I have something to show you all." Was all he said, and I held on tight to him as he carried me back down the hill he came.

"I am sorry, Y/N. I should not have-"

"No.. fine. I am- am fine. I'm hurt," I coughed and shook my head- "but fine." He frowned, his eyes holding disappointment. Probably for himself. I hope he didn't blame himself, it wasn't his fault. "Not your.. fault." I muttered and flashed him a smile. After a few moments avoiding the conversation and my gaze, he finally returned the smile.

We kept trekking. Well, everyone but me. Zane walked for me. How sweet.

In the distance, something appeared. A small building, low to the ground. As we came closer, it was easier to distinguish what it was: a ship. Wrecked there, but still very well held together.

Zane set me down once we reached this ship thing, and Jay helped hold me up. I was so needy and high maintenance. I winced and grumbled. Never liked depending on other people so much.

"Welcome to our new home." As we all understood what he was saying, our eyes widened.

"What's that smell?"
"Is that a boat?"
"NO WAY!"

The boys threw questions at their friend fascinated. Nya and I just smiled, holding back laughter. Boys.

We settled in. A few weeks later, I was in my room, paints strewn across my floor. Tarps and empty paint cans sat everywhere, it was practically a minefield. Bandages still covered my burns, but that would not stop me from painting. A deep forest brown paint covered my hands as I drew on the wall before me. Gorgeous, precise.

There was a knock on my door. Shoot.

"Watch out for the-" Too late. In came Cole, and with the opening of my door knocked over an empty tin of paint.
"Paint." I muttered, defeated.

"Oh man. Sorry." He swooped down and picked the tin up. "What... are you doing? Did you ask Sensei if you could..."

"Yeah yeah, I did. He's fine with it." I muttered and wiped my hands on my painting shirt. I stopped down and began mixing different shades of green and rubbed my hands in the newly mixed paint.

"Wouldn't it be easier just to use a brush?" Cole questioned, as he tiptoed his way around the paint can minefield.

"No. Brushes cost money that could be spent on paint. I've always used my hands. I don't like brushes." I murmured and began to paint leaves among the wiry branches of a tree.

"Oh. I see. Can I help?"
This threw me off. Certainly wasn't expecting it. "Uh... sure?" I pushed the tin towards him with my foot. He helped himself to the paint, and began to paint along side me.

Cole also didn't really understand painting. Or personal space.

He reached above me to fix a lead he had tried to paint earlier, tongue sticking out the side of his mouth.

Heh. Peoples quirks are the cutest things. Jay mutters to himself, Kai is always playing with his hair, and Cole sticks his tongue out when he's concentrating. It's kinda cute.

"Shoot. Uh... may or may not have gotten paint in your hair..."

I winced. Thanks, Cole.
"That's okay." And before I knew what was happening, he was trying to get it out. Really was NOT expecting that!

It wasn't working very well either. He just got more and more paint in my hair the more he tried. I swatted his hands away. "You aren't helping much!" I protested with a laugh.

"I'm just trying to help!" He huffed and crossed his arms, getting paint on himself. What a mess.

"It's just everywhere now! Some help you are." I teased and stuck out my tongue which he returned. With a smirk, I took a handful of paint to his face.

Thus the war began.

Alliance: [Cole X Reader]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara