Amnesia

10

Why is life so cruel sometimes? Scratch that, life is cruel all the time. It's like showing us a piece of diamond, clarifying that it belongs to us. But as soon as we set our hands on it, feel the beautiness of the diamond, they snatch it away from us and smash it on the ground, destroying it.

People come and go, it's inevitable. But giving a chance for someone to live when they have nothing to live for but to struggle and letting go of a person who has much more valuable in this life is uncalled for, it's unfair, isn't?

Why can't the world be more peaceful? Why do people need to live with title, being unfortunate or fortunate? Being rich or being poor? Why can't we all be as one? They say we need to be equal towards each other but isn't that too much to ask for in this messed up world?

My unconscious body stays frozen as my mind wanders off to different places.

I'm alive.

I'm alive cause I can hear constant beeping signalling that my heart is still beating. I know I'm alive cause I can feel my chest move up and down, breathing.

But why is it that I can't open my eyes?

Yes. Because I'm afraid. I want to live in the sweetness of beautiful lies instead of the harshness of a painful truth. I don't want to face reality.

But to my dismay, my eyes fluttered open, informing that I'm awake. I can feel someone looking at me with hope, running off to call a doctor and coming back to hold my stiff hand. But I stare ahead, at the white yet dull ceiling.

Whatever is happening around me is being blurred out by my own conscience. The only movement my body makes is when I have to blink or breathe.

"Yoongi..." I heard a small voice, but it doesn't belong to someone whom I wanted to see or feel. Worse, it belongs to a person who shattered my heart.

"I'm so sorry." I don't need an apology coming from you. Nothing is your fault.

"I left you for a stupid reason, I should've stayed by your side." But I wouldn't have met Jimin.

I felt a small liquid dropping on my dry cheek, but I still haven't made a single move to acknowledge the crying girl beside me.

"He's in shock, it might take him weeks to recover. But for now, you have to keep talking to him." I heard the doctor say in a nonchalant voice as he stares down at my pitiful body. It's not my fault this is your job.

"As soon as he does recover, we'll take him to a physical therapy."

The door clicked, signifying that it's now close.

A soft plump lips made contact on my forehead. "Get well soon."

I could feel my eyes closing slowly and I drifted off to sleep again.

•◦ೋ•◦❥•◦ೋ•

It's been a around month now and my body feels better. Lighter than the first time I've woken up.

Now, I'm sitting in a cafe, hands wrapped around a steaming hot cappuccino. My lips blowing out air to ease the steam coming out from the cup. My eyes fixated on the scenery outside the coffee shop.

It's these type of places that I feel at peace.

For the past few weeks, while I was under the treachery of the treatment in the hospital, my mind was only set on one thing.

Park Jimin.

It feels like he had confessed something crucial to me, but I can't seem to remember. Now that I'm out from the hospital, I want to find him. I've been longing to see his smile.

I took the last sip of my cappuccino and laid out a tip for the coffee shop, leaving afterwards. I strided towards the underground place, to check on it.

I know it is long gone, but I want to reminisce back in the good days I had performing in here. My first performance and the first group I've joined. I'm not emotional, I swear.

And as I thought, it's been blocked off. This place is now hopeless. I sighed to myself, steam coming out of my mouth since it's winter.

I stuffed my freezing hands inside my pockets and turned around to walk off but halted.

My eyes met the eldest's wide eyes. And after 3 seconds of eye contact, water forms inside his eyes.

"Whoa." He says, blinking rapidly to stop the tears. "Why the hell do I feel like crying?"

"Jin-hyung." I whispered, eyeing him. He looks... tired.

"You know me?" He asks in shock.

My eyebrows ceases at his question. "Do you not know me?" I ask, hesitantly.

"No. But I felt like crying when I saw you. Are you like my long lost brother?" He tries to joke but my head is churning from confusion. "Oh! Are you my fan? I didn't know a grown man like you could be part of the A.R.M.Y."

I glared at him. "I'm not your fan. I was an old member of yours. But this place got demolished and then I got into a damn accident, now I don't know what the f**k is going on." I ranted like I was rapping.

"Did someone tell you that you have a potential of being a rapper?" I nodded. "Cool. I'd like to hear you rap but I have to go."

"Did you not hear what I just said? I was a BTS member." I ran towards him and grabbed his shoulders. He stopped to look at me, eyes wide.

"I have no idea who you are."

"Let me prove it to you." I grabbed his hands and lead him to my place. I know all the songs I made for them are still on my old laptop. Even the recordings.

"Yah! I have somewhere to go! You can't kidnap me now!" He couldn't keep his mouth shut, like always. I wanted to smile at this, glad to see him but the situation right now is obscure.

Once we arrive at our destination, which was hard since Jin was noticed by his ARMY fans or whatever and we had to run, making me worn out. I'm still not stable enough to run.

"Hurry up, stranger. A handsome guy like me can't be seen in a place like this with a man like you." I rolled my eyes at his eccentric comment. This guy's ego boosted up just because he got fans now.

I showed him the lyrics, made him listen to the recordings we made, even showed him pictures of us. And his face turned pale, discovering the new news.

"I don't remember this. At all." His playful personality is now replaced with a serious one. "We have to show this to my members."

I agreed and it took us an hour to gather up all the members.

"Hyung. This must be important or else I'm burning your stuff toys." Jungkook was the last one to enter the coffee shop I was in just earlier.

"Now that we're all here. This is Yoongi. I met him just an hour ago." Their eyes were set on me as their hyung introduced me.

They really don't know me at all...

But I turned more perplexed when I heard Jin saying they're all here, but seen Jimin nowhere.

"Where's Jimin?"

They turned to me with a look of confusion.

"Who's Jimin?"