Truth Untold

9

"It is me." I hazily heard a soft voice ring inside my head. I started to feel conscious on what was going on around me. I could feel a pair of hands treating my wounds, needles being stuck in my veins, people surrounding me and I had a hard time breathing. But, somehow, all I could hear is that voice.

"Your guardian angel, Park Jimin." My breath hitched at his name. Jimin. I want to see you. I want to touch you. "Who was sent to come to the home of humans to save you." Please, let me love you.

"I, Park Jimin, who failed to save you because of my childishness. My job was to protect you, to make you happy then come back to my home, where angels exist once you are stable enough."

"But ever since, even as an angel, I was at the edge of a cliff, and beneath me was portal leading to death. So even as human, I was stuck with that possibility."

"I fell in love with the human I had to save, I fell in love with you." His voice gets weaker and weaker. "But the moment you got hit by that car, I knew I was done for. I failed not just as an angel, but a person who you loved."

"I don't have a choice but to bid my farewell to you. The person who you knew as Park Jimin is gone in the real world, leaving no trace of his existence. And even if you reach heaven eventually, I can't say that you will find me there."

My vision was filled with bright radiant light, wanting to consume me. It was shining towards me, calling for me, longing for my presence. I get nearer and nearer, Jimin's voice getting faint. But I heard those last words.

"I love you."