Part II: Chapter 12 - Cross Fire That You Can't Ignore

Start from the beginning

"You don't think I should visit her?"

"Someone needs to watch over your friend."

"He'd want to tag along."

"Too much people might be too much for (Y/N)."

Angela couldn't take it anymore. "Alright what's your bloody deal?" She put her hands on her hips. "I've already talked to the doctors and they said that (Y/N) isn't sick."

John contemplated if he was going to continue the facade or not. He chose the latter.

"Listen, I know that you have Newt with you. He wants to visit (Y/N) but I don't think that's the best thing."

"Why not?"

"It's better for (Y/N) to forget that life. Now, where are they?"

Angela was silent.

"You're not going to cooperate?"

"Why is it better for them not to see each other? Why can't you let the two of them see each other?"

"Something bad will happen!

"What will happen?"

"I'll tell you when you're all here. Now where are they?"

"They're in the car. We were about to leave," she lied.

She led James away from the room. She couldn't understand why John didn't want (Y/N) and Newt to meet. Still, the poor boy has gone through a lot to see her again. They were so close. She wasn't going to let them give up now.

Although, she was curious. What was going to happen?

When they were at the porch and were about to go where the car was parked, there was another person Angela didn't expect to see. That was James.

"John. Angela."

"James? What are you doing here?" John hissed.

Taking this opportunity, Angela sends a quick text to Thomas, telling them to leave immediately. They know where he car is parked and what it looked like, unlike John. There was also a separate exit that they could use without being detected.

The two men were bickering, not noticing her existence and making a few people uncomfortable. She wanted to leave and make a run for it, but then the attention will be on her the moment she leaves. She also wanted to know what was going on. John didn't want (Y/N) and Newt to meet while James was the one who set them in this quest.

-

When Catherine and Thomas received the text from Angela, they were skeptical. Thomas was worried. The messages she sent were:

Run.
Use back entrance.
Trouble.
Leave me behind. I'll catch up.
LEAVE!!

Neither one of the three knew what trouble was cooking up but they were ready to follow Angela's orders and leave. But Thomas didn't want to do it.

"What do you mean leave you behind?" Catherine said.

"You and Newt go on to the car. I'll see what the trouble is. Angela might need help."

Catherine was about to argue, but Newt stopped her by holding her shoulder. He understood his worry for the girl. He also had his fair share of quests and excursions to know that not everyone makes it to the finish line.

"Fine," Catherine gave in.

They only packed a few things, so she and Newt were headed towards the car while Thomas was looking for Angela. He saw her through a window. She was outside on the porch. In the middle of two arguing men. He recognized the two of them.

James and John.

Thomas still couldn't grasp what trouble Angela was talking about. He made his way to the porch. Neither James, John, nor Angela noticed his presence. Thomas was about to go to them and try to ask what was going on. But that escaped his thoughts when he saw Angela raise her hand, touch John's shoulder, and faint.

The two men's attention were on her. Each tried to catch her before her head hit the ground and cause more damage. But they were too slow for Thomas who caught her in time.

"It's happening," James said under his breath.

"Angela," he tried to wake her up. She placed her hand on her temples. She was awake. He was relieved.

-

As if there was a switch in John's mind, when he saw Thomas, he remembered what he was supposed to do. Angela said that they were leaving. Despite his actions now, John is naturally a gentleman. He would never bother a lady like this. But this was more important in his head.

"Where is your car? Where is Newt?" He demanded.

"Stop!" Thomas pushed him away. "She just fainted!"

John was about to go to the cars and look at them one by one. He didn't know what Newt looked like, but he did know Catherine. But before he could step out of the porch, a car rushed by him. In that quick second, he saw the passengers of the car were Newt and Catherine.

-

Due to the two of them hurrying, neither noticed that they were seated in opposite places. Newt was the one on the driver's seat. They couldn't change now and had to leave immediately.

When Newt and Catherine sped away from the motel, Catherine was holding for dear life since Newt was driving like a maniac. The events of last night and thinking about how unstable Newt is made Catherine more nervous for her life.

"Do you have a driver's license!" She asked.

"No!"

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade