Dvylika

Pietro bounced around lightly outside the cell containing Wanda and most of the other Avengers, waiting for the others to catch up. Wanda pressed her hoof against the bars and he did the same, with a smile.

"We'll get you out of here, I promise," he whispered.

"Hurry up Loki!" he hollered, and Loki rolled his eyes and sped up, galloping down the passages towards Pietro's nervous shouts.

It took them only moments to unlock the cell with a key that they'd snatched off one of the guards. The captive ponies burst out of the cell, Pietro and Wanda hugging each other tightly.

"Not now," Loki hissed, "you guys need to get out of here. I'll find the others. Pietro, Bucky, you know the way out. Show 'm what the Avengers are made of."

Pietro nodded like a soldier, and did a clumsy salute before speeding off. He screeched to a halt a few metres further, and slowed his pace enough so that the others could keep up. Bucky rolled his eyes, and followed the speedster.

"Are you coming Becca?" he asked his daughter.

Becca hesitated, glancing at Loki.

Loki was distracted, his eyes on Felix. Part of him didn't want to let him out of his sight, but another part knew that every moment Felix was here longer was dangerous. Felix saw the hesitation and took his chance.

"I'm staying," he said firmly, and Loki smiled.

"I'm staying with them, dad," Becca answered, "please don't argue."

Bucky opened his mouth, and then nodded.

"All right then," Loki announced, "the rest of you go!"

"I'm coming with you," Bruce protested, "you might have a brain full of cats, but I happen to like cats."

Raven smiled at the last sentence.

"I'm staying too," he joined in.

"Me three!" Rue spoke quickly.

Loki groaned.

"Why does everyone always want to come with?" he muttered.

"Maybe you're a better leader than you thought," Felix teased, nudging his father's shoulder.

Loki wasn't sure how to react. Felix grinned, and Loki reflected his smile. That seemed like a fair enough reaction.

"Let's move," he decided, taking action. He galloped off, searching the millions of cells for Steve, Clint and the others. Stuart and Sam had to be there too. Both Sams.

"We should've taken Wanda with," Loki muttered, but it was too late. Even if they'd wanted to go back, they wouldn't catch up to them before they'd already left the building, and there was virtually no way they'd get back in if they left now.

"Am I the only one that's lost?" Rue panted, trying to keep up with Felix and Loki's long-legged strides.

"No," Bruce replied, equally out of breath.

Felix came to a halt.

"Raven..."

"Yes?"

"Do you think you'd be able to track them down?"

Raven hesitated, biting his lip.

"I... I'm not sure. Maybe? Do you have anything that belongs to them?"

Felix shook his head slowly.

"We could try bluffing our way through again..." Rue suggested, pointing to a guard a little further down the passage, sitting on watch with headphones on. Her dark purple manes bounced as she nodded along with the music, clearly immersed in the beat.