Aha!

"Excuse me?" the Thief scowled. "I told you to give me back my slipper."

Standing on her tiptoes, Rapunzel retorted, "And I said no because I know that that slipper isn't yours." She brushed off her dress and said, "Stealing is wrong, so I won't give you back the slipper."

She was fully prepare to ignore him and go on with whatever she was doing before he came to. She sat on her couch and played with her hair, braiding it.

"You can leave my tower if you want to now. Just go down the same way you got back up," she suggested.

The thief was angry and unamused with Rapunzel. Clearly, he wanted the slipper he stole back from her. And Sunto knew if he went to the guards and asked, "Hey, you know how I stole that priceless slipper from the price? Well, a girl in the Witch's tower stole it from me. Would you help me get it back?" the guards would toss him in jail. THey'd take the information the thief would give them and go up the tower to take the slipper back to the prince.

The thief must have known this too, as he then attempted to persuade Rapunzel to give him the slipper.

He slid onto the same couch as Rapunzel saying, "Well, I have more use for the slipper than you. I could use it to get out of this kingdom and never bother you again."

Rapunzel shrugged and argued, "You could leave me alone if you left the tower without the slipper just the same."

He scrunched his nose. "The people I took the slipper from stole it from someone else. Who's to saY I wasn't giving it back to who it got stolen from?"

"You ran up here and didn't say you were getting the slipper back to its rightful owner first," she said as he undid the pretty braid she'd made. "So either you're lying now, or you were lying then. Ergo, I shouldn't trust you because you tell lies."

Sunto smiled as the thief grumbled and crossed his arms over his chest. Nothing he was doing made any impact on the attitude Rapunzel had towards him. There was nothing he could do to change her mind.

He thought for a moment, then grinned like a demon. "If you gave me back my slipper, it might be worth enough to take you out of this kingdom with me."

Rapunzel's expression change from annoyed to uncertain. Sunto hoped she wasn't changing her mind. THat thief would just take her out of the tower and ditch her the first chance he got. He wouldn't show her the world like Flynn Rider did Rapunzel in "Tangled".

Unlike her Disney counterpart, this Rapunzel was - thankfully - not swayed so easily.

"I like staying here," she said, shutting his proposal down. "I have everything I need here. I haven't seen the world outside my tower, but I like it here just fine and wish to stay here."

The thief's entire face scrunched up and his eyes bulged. "You want to stay here?"

Rapunzel nodded, but did not look him in the eyes.

A tell the thief saw right through.

"Yeah, I know that look," he claimed. "You're lying, and you don't want to stay up here."

"You don't know that."

He tilted his head at her and gave her a suspicious eye. "Why do you really stay up here?"

She picked at the fabric of her dress, then sighed heavily. "I ... I can't get down."

Before he could stop himself, the thief let out a sharp laugh. He quickly covered his mouth with his hand and restrained his amusement. "I'm sorry, that was rude."