Catya POV:

'Where am I?'

Looking around I could see nothing but the darkened emptiness surrounding me.

I was completely naked, even the wrappings around my arms and legs were gone.
All alone in the darkness had anxiety rippling through me.

"Are you scared?" A soft voice asked.
"Who's there?" I call out.
"Don't worry, I'll protect you."
"Who are you?"
"A friend? Maybe. Or something else."
"I don't understand.."
The voice laughed at me confusion.

"You were born to kill." The voice stated.
"I..know.."
"You don't want too?"

I couldn't answer.
All my life I had been forced to kill those weaker than me or stronger.

"It's fun.."
"Of course it is."
Soon a man stood in front of me.
His head was wrapped up only revealing his right eye, which was red, and had only a loincloth for clothing.

"You kill because it's in your blood. It was your only means of survival."

I stared at the masked man with wide eyes. What was this feeling? Why do I feel this way?

"Do you feel the guilt, Thirteen?" Two voices in perfect harmony spoke up.

Turning around my eyes landed on Hinako and Minako. Their eyes were missing and had blood all over their nude bodies. With their fingers interlocked with each other's they began walking towards me.

"Get away!" I screamed.

I spun on my heel to run away but was soon face to face with the priestess, blood coming from her neck and her head in her arms.

A scream broke from my throat as I fell backwards.
Soon I was surrounded by those I have killed.

"You didn't have to kill me, big sister. I begged you to stop and you wouldn't.."
Number 8 was standing in front of me. Tears flowing from her big brown eyes and her organs in her small arms. I was only one year older than her..but papa wanted me to fight her. I was only 7 years old.

"I'm sorry.." I say as my voice broke and tears trailing down my cheeks.

"Monster."

I gasped and looked up.
In front of me was Ouni with the center of his torso missing.

"You're an abomination. A slight against god." He says with hatred laced in his voice.

Together in perfect union, all my victims began chanting, "monster! Monster! Monster!!"

I go into a fetal position covering my ears as I cried.

"I'm not a monster!"

"Catya..."

A lifted my head and gasped. I knew that voice. It was warm, rough, and masculine.

I see a small light appear in the distance of this blackened abyss.

Gathering myself to my feet I take a step, "Catya...!"
The voice was calling to me.
I had to reach it.
With each step I took the angry voices disappeared and this one voice rang through my ears like a sweet song.

As I got closer to the light I see his silhouette, his broad shoulders, slim yet masculine body and his long braid.
He reached out his hand to me.
It felt so close yet so far away.
I had to reach him.

With all my strength I ran as fast as I could to him, with my extended hand I call out to the man I've come to see as my savior.

With my voice raspy and my lips dry I call out at the top of my lungs, "Bankotsu!!"