The meeting

Percy's pov

The Athena cabin started taking us to the lake, and i could tell what they were about to do. They were taking us to the lake. I took Annabeth's hand - her new ring brushing against my fingers - and smiled.
When the Athena cabin got to the lake, they, surprise surprise, threw us in.

I remember the last time they did this, when we had won the Titan War, after Annabeth and i had kissed over a birthday cake. That underwater kiss wasn't as good as this one, but it was a close second.

"So, you want to spend our honeymoon down here or do you want to go back up?" i teased.
"We're not married yet, seaweed brain." she rolled her eyes, before kissing me again.
After a few minutes, we decided to meet our fellow campers again.
It was dark, probably past cerfew at that point. Chiron wasn't around to herd the rest of the campers, so they probably weren't paying attention. Luckily - with me being the newly engaged - i didn't have to be the responsible party-pooper.
"Alright guys, lets head back to our cabins, we don't want the harpies to eat us up on a night like this!" Will popped out of the crowd.
The other campers started to groan, but eventually, everyone started heading towards their cabins.
I'll admit, i thought about asking Annabeth if she wanted to sleep with me in the Poseidon cabin, but thought better of it. For one, Tyson was at camp, and he would probably keep Annabeth awake all night with his ground-shaking snoring, and two, she probably wouldn't be comfortable with sleeping in the same cabin as me, not after Dionyssus's little idea of 'fun'.
I kissed Annabeth goodnight, before i left her with the mercy of her cabinmate's questions and teasing. I'm a good boyfriend/fiancé, I swear.
I reached my cabin, and was greeted with the all-too familiar vibration of Tyson's snoring - he must've gone to bed early.

The next day, I woke up to the sounds of the conch horn.
       I'd slept like a rock, not a single dream, so I was in a specially good mood that morning, and decided to wear my nicest clothing - a crisp camp t-shirt and my favorite dark-blue jeans. When I had gotten dressed, I stepped out of my cabin, expecting a bunch of Aphrodite kids to be hunching outside the door, but surprised to see that no one was there.
Annabeth was, as usual, in front of everyone in her cabin, as she was the senior counselor for her cabin. I waved at her as she and her cabin mates passed me on their way to their table. By the annoyed look on Annabeth's face, I could tell her cabin mates had been pestering her all morning. I could also guess that campers from other cabins were planning to tease the both of us later on, but I didn't think much of it.
I was engaged with Annabeth Chase. My Wise Girl.

Breakfast went on mostly uneventful, with just the occasion whispers from the Aphrodite cabin now and again.
       Finally, breakfast ended, just as Tyson had decided to wake up and head to the dinner pavilion. Luckily he managed to snatch a plate of food before the harpies and nymphs carried the platters away.
       Me and all the other Cabin Counselors stood up and started making our way to the Big House to start the meeting. Annabeth seemed relieved as she moved up next to me, interlacing her hand with mine, her new ring pressing into my own fingers. I smirked.
      Chiron seemed deep in thought as we all assembled around the ping-pong table, he didn't even seem to notice us sitting down. Annabeth and I were, of course, sitting next to each other, only getting a few teasing whistling.
       We sat there for maybe a minute, before Will, being closest to him, waved his hand in front of Chirons face, waking him up from his thoughts.
"Ah, forgive me." He perked up. "Lost in thought." He adjusted his seating, before quickly counting if everyone was here, the usual start to these meetings.
"Right, so you all know the reasons as for this meeting. Of course, the first is to discus about these two's marriage." He said, turning to me and Annabeth, a twinkle of pride danced in his eyes which, made sense. We were probably going to be the first married Greek Demigods since, well, maybe even Hercules! Wait, was Hercules even married?
"But also" He continued, " for the unusual event yesterday, shortly after the proposal." As soon as he said that, the mood darkened. No one really understood - or even talked about - what happened then. Multiple gods claimed one, single demigod, all at the same time. No one has ever had more than one godly parent and, the gods weren't allowed by ancient laws to claim a child that wasn't theirs. So what was all that about?
       I looked over at Annabeth. She seemed to be thinking the same as me, and by the look of her face, she didn't understand it either.
The other cabin councilors were muttering theories to each other, none of which sounded realistic.
"I have spent the entire morning trying to contact the gods on the matter, but they seem to not want to be reached. And to top that, I wasn't able to find any of the two children who ran into the woods, despite staying up most of the night, asking nymphs what they've seen. If they don't show up, we might have to launch a search expedition."
As if on cue, one of the satyrs came in through the door.
"Chiron!" He wheezed. "Nora's back, though the other one - Jack - hasn't returned yet."
Behind him, standing awkwardly with a grilled sandwich in her hand, was indeed Nora.
"Um, hi?"
The other counselors stood up, bombarding her with questions regarding where she'd been, if she knew anything about the spectacle yesterday, or if she'd read the last news article about cheese lately. Not sure what that last one was about.
Finally, Chiron manages to make everyone sit down. Before gesturing for Nora to sit on the stool next to him. Relief evident in his eyes.
"My dear, I'm glad your back. However, do you know where the other one, Jack, is? We would like to discuss about his claiming." He asked.
Nora looked around nervously. With all the camp counselors staring at her expectantly, it would be impressive if she wasn't nervous. It also didn't help how Clarrice was right next to her, flipping a hunters knife through her fingers, not paying attention to her.
She seemed as though she was weighing what to say for a bit, before finally saying- "I promised not to tell where he was hiding. But, he's fine. He just needed to be alone a bit."
"The woods doesn't seem to be a very good place to be 'alone' in. Considering the Grove and all the monsters." Conner blurted. Everyone nodded, expecting a more deep explanation. She didn't elaborate.

About an hour passed. After finally coming to terms that, Jack would be joining us at camp when he felt like it. We decided that Jack, as well as Nora, could stay in the Big House until further notice. Seeing as Nora hasn't been claimed yet, and that Jack didn't have a specific cabin he belonged to...
Pollux, of Dionysus cabin, volunteered to plan mine and Annabeths wedding. And, even though we thought it was a bit uncomfortable leaving a child or Mr. D to care for our Big Day after what the man himself did, we agreed. Mostly because no one else was very much qualified to plan big events like this - besides maybe Annabeth herself.
We decided to end the meeting then. Since we didn't have any more subjects to talk about.
Nora headed back towards the woods.

Annabeths pov

The meeting went by smoothly. Nothing much to comment about other than how nothing bad even happened.
       We still didn't know what that light show was yesterday, but we all agreed to hold the thought until Jack showed up.
      When we had gotten out of the Big House, Nora made a B-line towards the woods. No doubt to find Jack again.
       Percy, however, took off in the other direction. I was pretty sure he saw that Nora went towards the woods, but when I saw where he was going, I didn't bother him to ask.

(A-N, if you have not read 'the burning maze' skip the rest of this. Spoilers ahead)

"He was a hero." I said softly, placing my hand on Percy' shoulder.
"I can't believe he's dead."
Jason grace. The entire camp had suffered his death, especially Percy. Those two were such a cute bromance couple. Not that I would've shared Percy with him.
While Percy was gone in California, the entire camp had done their part to construct a monumental grave for Jason. It had been risen during that morning - figures Percy would want to see it.
Of course, it wasn't his actual grave, as he got the Roman burial treatment back in New Rome. And we usually burn our dead as well.
Floating a few inches over a large cube of marble, in front of the Zeus cabin, was a life-like monument of Jason. With a purple legionnaire cape over an orange camp t-shirt. His old golden spear in one hand, a bronze sword in the other at his side. His Roman tattoo on the inside of his forearm. His eyes were as electric blue as ever, his brows furrowed in determined concentration.
       The Athena cabin, Hephaestus cabin and Hecate cabin had all come together to make the statue. Athena cabin planned the architecture, Hephaestus cabin created, and Hecate cabin made it float and seem more alive - which might've been a mistake, seeing as it made for a painful reminder.
      Percy stood there, silent. He hadn't seen the monument until now, and it probably didn't make him think happy thoughts.
       On the golden plaque on the marble base, said:

Jason Grace
Son of Jupiter
2001 - 2018

Died as he lived - a true hero.
See you in Elysium.