-Will You Marry Me?

"Percy, would you like to come up here?" Everyone turned their heads towards me, and the campfire became a mix of gray and orange. I could hear people gasping, and i noticed Annabeth looking at me bewildered. I tried not to look at her, as i was sure i would lose my cool then.
I took a deep, shaky breath, and stood up.

The Hephaestus cabin had implemented speakers and a microphone a while back, so i grabed the mic and looked at all the campers. My shaky breath was heard through all the speakers, and i could hear snickering from the Ares cabin. I tried to relax my tensing body, and started to speak.
"Hello! I guess you're all wondering what i'm doing up here" I started. "Well, as you all know, me and Annabeth have been together a while now, and for those who weren't at the pavilion this morning, Annabeth had revealed some rather uh, stunning news.
       I figured: Even if it wasn't intentional, it's still a big step in our relationship, so why not take the next step?" I was gradually gaining confidence at this point. Annabeth was sitting with her hands over her mouth, and all the other campers, besides Nico, who seemed to had pieced it together at that point and was now nodding in appreciation, were mumbeling between themselves.
I took one last deep breath, as the two Apollo campers brought up a chair and a guitar each onto the stage and were looking at me expectantly. And i started to sing.

I found a love for me
Darling just dive right in
And follow my lead
Well I found a girl beautiful and sweet
I never knew you were the someone waiting for me

People were starting to look at Annabeth, who didn't even notice.

'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time

The words spilled out of me, and, even though it was a song with pre-written lyrics, i meant every word of it.

But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes you're holding mine
Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight

I started making my way off the stage and over to the Athena banner - thank the gods the Hephaestus cabin made the microphone wireless.

Well I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know
She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home
I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets
To carry love, to carry children of our own
We are still kids, but we're so in love
Fighting against all odds
I know we'll be alright this time
Darling, just hold my hand
Be my girl, I'll be your man
I see my future in your eyes

I was now just about ten feet from Annabeth, so I started to slow my pace,

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song
When I saw you in that dress, looking so beautiful
I don't deserve this, darling, you look perfect tonight
Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favorite song

I took out the small box out of my pocket and knelt down in front of Annabeth. She was blushing perfusively now, looking around as if unsure if this was real or not.

I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person
And she looks perfect
I don't deserve this
You look perfect tonight

I opened the box, revealing a silver-and-gold-tinted Celectial-Bronze ring with two gems overlapsing each other on it, the big one was made out of a gray diamond in the shape of an owl, and the smaller one was a blue saphire in the shape of a trident, embedded into the owls chest.

"Annabeth Chase, daughter of Athena!" I announced. "We've been together a long time, and we're still just seventeen, but i think that we demigods deserve to break a few norms of the modern-day mortal world. Seeing as we dedicate most of our lives on saving it. So, i have one question for you:

"Will you marry me?"

Annabeth had tears in her eyes now, still blushing like crazy, but trying to hide it behind her hands. There was a quiet, tense moment of everyone staring expecantly at us - me on my knees and Annabeth drying her tears. Only the tense crackling of the fire was audible. Yet I stared contently into Annabeths eyes, knowing with certainty, that this was what I wanted.
"Yes." she said quietly, before clearing her throat. "YES! You seaweed brain! I'll marry you!"
As she said that, all the campers got to their feet and applauded. The campfire was breaking its record with about twenty-five or maybe even thirty feat tall, burning in a brilliant red-gold.
I put the ring on her finger, grabbed her hand and stood up, before kissing her, which lead to more applause.