An Eye For An Eye

I immediately lost sight of Will. He had a decent head start and was always known to be nimble in the woods, being an archer and all requires as much. However, I was sure he was chasing after Nora, and I had a decent idea as to where she was heading.

I got lost on two occasions, missing a waypoint tree or stone and running in the wrong direction for a minute before realizing I had gone the wrong way. When I finally arrived at the clearing, I was out of breath, breathing heavily and doubling over to catch my breath. However, I did not have much time to rest as I suddenly heard a shrill scream echoing through the woods, coming from the clearing's center.

I fished Riptide out of my pocket, as I ran to the source of the scream as fast as my winded body allowed. Will was straddling Nora, a broken arrow in hand as he tried swiping at Nora with the arrow tip, rambling incoherently. I froze for a split second, not understanding the sight in front of me, before throwing Riptide to the ground and running up to Will, trying to pull him off of Nora. 

Will's eyes turned towards me, they were filled with madness - something I've seen plenty from my adventures. I briefly considered knocking him out, but decided against it, figuring being knocked out twice in such a short time couldn't be good for a person. Will swiped the arrow at me, narrowly missing my arm as I pulled him off of Nora long enough for her to scurry away from underneath him, her eyes filled with confusion and panic.

Will swiped again, this time slicing my shoulder pretty bad, causing me to loosen my grip enough for him to escape my hold, falling onto Nora's legs as she continued to fight him off. I cringed at the sharp pain in my shoulder but grabbed Riptide from my pocket regardless - having materialized there already - and unsheathing it.

Before I could even decide what to do, Will flew off of Nora, knocking his head against the large stone. He was not quite knocked out, but he was sedated - for now.

Once again, I dropped Riptide and ran to Nora's side. I could tell from her raised leg that she had kicked Will off of her. I was relieved to see that she was not injured. 

"Are you alright?" I asked, "What happened?" She tried to answer, but just ended up opening and closing her mouth like a fish on land. I picked her up by her arm, supporting her as I walked her away from Will and the stone - the place gave me the creeps. She simply pointed behind me as we went. I looked over. I wasn't totally sure if she was pointing at the stone or Will, mumbling slightly while nodding his head drunkenly. 

I set Nora down on a boulder at the edge of the clearing, allowing clear vision over Will, as he lay semi-conscious over at the stone. Now, I realize it may sound cruel to just leave him like that but, he's of Apollo cabin. I'm sure he's fine. Or, as fine as he could be in his current. . . Whatever rage state he is in right now.

"What happened?" I asked again, after letting Nora find her bearings. She shuddered. Before she could speak, a rustling came from behind us, as Jack emerged from the woods, his antlers strapped onto his arms and a burning look in his eyes.

"What happened? Where's Nora?" He bellowed when he saw me, before calming down considerably when he saw that Nora was, in fact, right next to me. "Oh my god, what happened? I heard a scream and got worried! I told you there are god-knows kinds of monsters in these woods!" He said, wrapping his large arms around her in a hug - almost poking my eye out with his choice of weaponry.

Nora was visibly distressed but happy to have her friend with her. She started to explain wanting to be alone for a moment. Chiron had spoken to both of them about how they might have to be sent off on a quest since they were the only ones with obvious connections to the prophecy - besides me. I shuddered when she told me what Chiron said about me. I was not  going on another quest - I've had enough of them until I rebirth onto the Isles of Blessed. She continued that she had barely even digested the idea of ​​gods and monsters existing, let alone that she was the daughter of Primal Gods. I found it odd that she described Chaos as 'gods', plural, but I bit my tongue and let her finish.