Arrival

Nora's pov

Tip: if you want to get somewhere, take a regular cab. The Chariot of The Damned is about as fun as it sounds like - which is to say, not at all!
  For starters, the inside looked like a mobile torture chamber. With chains for seat belts - or at least, I think they were meant as seat belts - attached to broken and torn up leather seat that looked like they were older then the grandmas who were driving, and I could've sworn I saw a cockroach in between the scratches of the seats before I sat down as well.
  The interior walls of the car looked more solid then the outsides smoke-walls, but they looked torn and fluffy and generally didn't seem very sturdy standard-wise.
  Oh, and then there is the 'driving like a maniac' part as well. That was a minor discomfort.

  "Left! No, your other left you doofus!" Ms. Middle Grandma kept on screaming at the driver. "And take it easy! We don't want ugly back there to have us sanitize the back again!"
  At first, i didn't understand what she was talking about. But when i looked at Tyson - he didn't seem to be doing all too well. He was staring absently in front of him into the backseat of the driver, looking green and generally sick. Holding his hand close to his mouth in case if something were to happen. I couldn't say I was doing any better either.
  Jack had his eyes closed the entire trip, looking like he was trying to meditate. It seemed like it worked - he was the only one who didn't seem ready to empty his stomach other then the drivers.
  "I think I remember who these are" Jack suddenly said, barely audible for the screeching of tires and the directions of Ms. middle. "Percy, Annabeth and Tyson once took a ride with this cab to camp in the book 'the sea of monsters.' They are The Grey Sisters." I didn't know what he was talking about. And frankly, i was focusing on not getting squeezed to death by the two piles of muscle and not getting nauseated myself to care at the time.
I was vaguely aware about someone speaking in the cars' speakers about putting on seat-belts, but I didn't register it enough to care.
"Of course! The kid almost threw our eye out the window!" Ms. Driver said. Then I realized what she just said. "Your eye?" I asked. "Do you mean eyes?"
All three grandmas turned around and the ruckus seemed to calm down, as if they were trying to make the trip unpleasant before.
The driver and Ms. Right had no eyes.
Instead, the middle one only had one eye. And not in the Cyclopes way, but more of the my-other-eye-has-been-poked-out kind of way.
It was a grotesque sight, five empty eye sockets staring right at me in the middle of the backseat, and one hungry eye tinted green and staring eagerly at everything. As if it was compensating for more then just one missing eye. I would have felt queasy from that if I hadn't already been ready to throw up.
They chuckled. As if they were used to my reaction. Before at the same time turning around
I sat quietly the rest of the trip.

"That'll be-" "-five drachmas-" "-please!" The grandmas said in perfect monotone after each other once we had finally gotten out of that cursed taxi.
  Tyson was fumbling around in his pocket while trying to keep his balance, and I was trying not to kneel down and kiss the ground myself.
Jck seemed undisturbed by the ride though - he seemed quite thrilled actually.
  I guess I was staring, because he managed a sly smile and said; "I've been through stuff more nauseating." Which, once again, made me wonder what he had been doing for so long. "I've learned how to deal with it easier now."
"How come you can remember everything you read in Ricks books?" I asked suddenly. He hesitated, before shrugging. "I've read them a lot of times." He simply replied. Before walking past me where i sat on my knees.

I finally get a hold of myself enough to look around me. We were, according to my perception, in the middle of nowhere.
'Where are we?' I remember asking. But Tyson was still fishing out something out of his small pockets with his two fingers, and Jack seamed to have caught something else of interest.
He was looking at a set of tire marks on the road, which started a few yards to one side of us and slithered across the street like the car was being chased before finally slithering off the road to a spot in the ditch which was a bit scorched.
I thought nothing about it more then the over-used saying that people shouldn't drink and drive. But Jack seemed particularly interested in those black marks from melted rubber on tarmac.
I wondered if he had gotten in a car accident or something before.

When the Taxi- sorry, Chariot- had left and Tyson came over to us, Jack turned and pointed. 'is that what I think it is?' Tyson nodded grimly. 'Yes. That's where the Minotaur chased the car into.' At first, I thought he meant Minotaur as in some gang of thugs' clan name. But then I remembered that - hey! Greek mythology is real! It's probably the minotaur!
  Tyson turned and started towards the hill, which was on the other side of the road from where the car tracks led down.
  There was a big, beautiful pine tree on the top all alone, with what I thought was a sign.painted a brilliant gold color hanging from the lowest branch which I figured probably told the name of the camp.
  On the side of the hill, there were smaller hills lining up like a nature-made wall. From the other side, i could smell the faint smell of a delicious fruit of which I hadn't had in years - strawberries!
  'Race ya!' Jack suddenly pokes at me. I grin.
  'You're on!' I yell, before playfully pushing jack backwards in order to get a head-start.
  I could hear jack yelling while I darted up the hill, passing Tyson, who was lumbering up the semi-steep hillside.
  When I was halfway up, i managed to sneak a peek backwards. Jack was right behind me! I tried to speed up, but my legs were already screaming in agony after so long of no running.
  Suddenly, Jacks eyes shot wide and he started to slow down. I didn't think much of this, as I thought I was winning. But when I looked forward again, I saw something weird.
  It was like a force field straight from a star-wars movie. There was a flash of electric blue in front of me, and I knew it wasn't good. But I couldn't stop.
  I remember the feeling of running straight into a brick wall, and then the feeling of soft grass before I sank into darkness.

//I hope you liked this chapter! It's a bit different, but it's because - I finally managed to intertwine this story and 'Nora Blood and The Mortals Gift'!
I hope you liked this and, feel free to go and check that story out!//