Chapter 16

Due to the recent events that took place only yesterday, each ally of Kaylee was quick at work, setting the message to allies of their own through phone call, and also creating a plan for their attacks. The hunters of the pack were hard at work outside; as demanded by their alpha, were preparing the underground shelter for the children, and pregnant women for the attack. Kaylee herself was outside, helping to train warriors for the oncoming fight. "Who here wants to be my sparring partner? The rest of you watch, and then get together with another and spar! Come up with your own rhythm that you believe fits your fighting style the best!" The alpha boomed over the large crowd, a dominant, yet challenging expression taking over her features like a shadow. "I will! It has been a long time since we have sparred!" Elliot, the young gamma said, returning the challenge, earning an amused smirk from the alpha, as the crowd divided to let him through.

"Then, shall we?" Kaylee asked, Elliot nodding as he shifted into his large wolf form and charged towards her.  Leaping at her, Kaylee side stepped before grabbing onto his left hind leg, and spun around gaining momentum, before she loosened her grip, watching as the wolf flew through the air. Meeting the ground harshly, earth flew up as Elliot hit, and tumbled, before coming to a stop after a couple of yards. "You have really gotten slow kid! Who knew you would of forgotten about your own speed in an offensive attack!" Kaylee taunted, watching as Elliot snarled.

Getting back on his feet, shaking out his coat, he ran back at her, dodging an attack, by faking quickly to the right, and turned around, striking out grabbing her leg in his jaws, feeling as the alphas blood began to drip into his mouth. Growling lowly in fury, laced in pain, Kaylee shifted, and though gaining an even larger wound to her leg, spun quick, and took the jaw of the gamma in her mouth before applying enough pressure to cause severe pain that he let go. The crowd cheered as they believed the alpha had just won the fight, when Elliot, through the pain, swung up his head, unloosening the grip his alpha had on him, leapt backward as she let go, growling at him, fangs glistening with his blood, angering Elliot. Growling at the leader, he walked slowly around her, accessing the wounds and weakpoints that he had inflicted to gain an advantage. Kaylee kept her golden eyes set on her opponent, lowering her head so it aligned with her shoulders, and mimicked the gamma, as she circled him,waiting for a chance to charge in. Elliott smirked as he saw that Kaylee had a large wound on her left foreleg, that caused her to unconsciously lay less weight on it, and move slowly and used that to his advantage. He charged quickly, and fainted for an attack on her side, causing the alpha to leap backwards, but was quick to realise her mistake as the gamma sidestepped at the last moment and latched on to her injury, tearing it even more; resulting in a howl of pain to erupt from the shadow colored wolf. "Now I'm pissed!" Midnight snarled to Kaylee, their neck fur bristling on end.

"Calm down Midnight. If we act rashly, that will only cause us to lose this fight". Her wolf sighed, and slowly backed off as she knew the human was correct. "Yes, that's true". She agreed, with the twitch of an ear. "Thankfully, us wolves heal considerably fast.. This is going to hurt but it will be the winning move." Kaylee assessed, looking at the gamma, wincing in pain. With a quick movement, she twisted around to fling her and Elliott to the side, causing Elliott to latch on tighter and widen the wound more. But Kaylee knew this, and had then used her weight to throw the pair to the ground harshly, and heard a loud snap as the gamma landed, the alpha's weight crushing his ribs. He wheezed and let go, shifting back as he was in severe pain.

Shifting back, Kaylee smiled looking at her third in command. "You fought well Elliott!" She grinned, waving a hand for the pack medics to come and help the gamma get to the pack hospital. Putting her attention back on the pack wolves, who looked on at the leader in awe, she nodded. "In a battle to the death, anything goes. There are no rules against the enemy. Do what you have to, in order to survive! These are blood rogues; they have no consideration for lives besides their own which are follow in the paths of bloodshed. We pack wolves need to do what is needed to prevent the harm of others, and put am absolute end to the calamity caused by the leader of these rogues." Kaylee spoke, determination clear in her voice; urging the wolves to feel a deep thread of respect. 

"Couldn't of said it better myself! Kale's!" A loud voice, bellowed from the treetops above her. Quickly, Kaylee turned her head to face the owner if the voice with a great grin appearing on her face as she saw a great tall man with caramel skin, and medium long, golden locks, brushed back on his head. "Angelo! It's you, how have you been all these years?!" She said excitedly, as she ushered her friend down from the treetops, a large smile on his face. "I have been good. My clan and I, have spent our years living out in the mountain tops, training heavily in case of battle. Now that one of my oldest friends needs me, I am happy to help. It's only fair considering the fact you saved my life those many years ago." He replied, a sudden serious expression casting over him. Kaylee smiled small, and nodded at him. "Even if they were my pack, no matter what I would not allow them to kill my friends. I remember my uncle was furious at the time. My father took a week to get him to talk to me again". She laughed, a far away look on her face, as she remininsed in the past. Angelo gave her a sad look, as he walked to her, and placed a hand on her shoulder, earning a growl from Braxton who stood to the side, his arms crossed, especially protective of his injured mate. Raising an eyebrow at the wolf, he chuckled and removed his hand. "You must be her mate that she told me about. It's very nice to finally meet you Braxton! You have no worries of me taking her away, I have a mate of my own, and she.. Is quite feisty if you get what I mean." Winking at his mate who walked out of the forest depths, rolling her eyes. Angelo turned back to face Braxton and laughed loudly, as he saw the male had turned a bright shade of red.

The two packs, and the clan of Angelo laughed together at the expression of Braxton, including Kaylee, who walked to him and hugged him. Looking up at him, she smiled and laughed, a sound that lit a fire within Braxton each time he heard it, and he smiled and looked into her eyes, becoming lost in them he chuckled. "I love you." He spoke quietly and firmly. Kaylee grinned at him; "I love you too, my soulmate." Looking to her family, and her friend she smiled. "Now, the rest of you I will leave to practice sparring! Angelo, come with me so we can go over the details of our oncoming battle! As long as it's alright that I take him with me Aurora?" Kaylee asked, turning to his mate who nodded with a smile. Returning the gesture, she told her beta to take the clan on a tour of the pack lands and assign them jobs with the agreement of Angelo. As they got to the study, Kaylee opened the door, and respectfully gestured for Angelo to go in ahead of her. He nodded, and sat in a chair to the side of her desk. "Now to wait for the others to show up?" He asked, receiving a nod. "Indeed. You've always been the first to show up to our meet up's as kids. Some thing's never change!" She snickered, as he rolled his eyes.

"Well excuse me if I prefer to be early than late Kale". He said, furrowing his eyebrows, causing her to laugh even harder. Her friend took a peice of lined paper he saw on the desk, as well as a pen, and drew a pound sign on the paper. Shall we?" He asked, and she smirked; "oh it's totally on". She said, and drew an 'x' on the top left side.

°
°
°
Angelo stood up and slammed his hands on the desk forcefully, causing the contents on the desk to jump up from the compact, earning him a glare from the alpha. "How the hell did you win tic-tac-toe three times in a row, without me winning?!" He growled out. She shrugged, "well I mean.. It's not my fault you suck at it". She said matter of factly. Right then, a bowl sounded from the south end of the territory befire Silver contacted her through the mind link. "Alpha, four large groups with your letters in hand, have just shown up together on the outskirts of the lands. I'll send them to your study." He said, before cutting out. "Looks like the gang's all back together." She smirked, glancing at Angelo who had the same expression on his face. "It's a party now".

___
Hey everyone, sorry I've been gone for so long! I had TERRIBLE writing block and had no clue if I was going to continue this story because it felt like it went totally off track from the beginning. But, that's typical of a first story. So I thought, "why not finish it to the end? Even if it might look like poo."😂

Anyways.

Stay awesome!

Sincerely,
Jerica