Chapter Two

"What are you all doing?! After her, I want that omega captured immediately!" Alpha Daniel angrily roared into the pack link. Many lower ranked wolves cowered down at the alpha's tone. "If she can make your son submit Dan, I don't think she is an omega..." The beta replied to him, unaffected. "What did you just say Owen?! If I ranked her as an omega, then she sure as hell is an omega!" The angry alpha growled. "N-nothing sir!" The second in command whimpered.

I laughed mentally at the anger I was causing to come from the alpha and became serious as I felt the pack territories border become close. My ears raised as twenty pairs of paws hit the forest floor. "Careful Kaylee, those are five wolves from the pack patrol and highly ranked warriors". Midnight warned me. I will, thank you. I replied.

I picked up my pace, pushing myself to the limit, to try and outrun the five wolves and cross the border before they caught up to me. The large oak, marking the edge of misty shadows territory came into sight and I sighed in relief. "Almost there!" I told Midnight excitedly, feeling her joy at the news.

I heard a snarl and a near second later felt a searing pain in my left hind leg. I yelped before growling, turning around, moss and dirt flying from my sudden stop.

"Kaylee Anderson, you have broken pack law and will come back with us and report immediately to the alpha to recieve punishment!" The lead warrior commanded me, standing straight. I narrowed my eyes and looked over the four others. All wolves were wearing glares, directed directly towards me.

"Hm.." I pretended to think. "I'm sorry, but I just cannot do that". I said, staying put. The lead nodded at me. "Have it your way then pup". He said and looked at the others before flicking his head towards me. Get her! He cried, releasing the unfair attack.

All at once, all four wolves came running at me, and one jumped. I ducked at caught her as she was about to land by the underbelly. She let loose a loud yelp as my jaws closed and I shook her body like a rag doll. A second wolf growled and I quickly let the first one go and jumped on the other wolf, and sunk my teeth deep into his neck, tasting the metallic blood. I let go when I felt him pass out.

I ducked as I sensed another wolf jump and try to attack me from behind. I picked up the first wolf and as he again tried to jump at me, threw the wolf at him. With a 'thump!' They both hit a pine and were knocked out.

I turned around to the fourth wolf who just stood there, frozen in fear. I growled a warning. "I will give you one choice, and only one choice to leave me alone"! I said to the frightened wolf. He was tiny but shook his head. "No! I need to prove myself worthy as a warrior!!" He growled at me and launched himself at me. I growled lowly, and looked like I was going to jump, but instead leaped to the side and as he tried to stop in midair, I caught him by the side and sunk my teeth deep into him, hearing him whimper and try and to escape. I growled and let him go.

He ran away, tail tucked between his legs, and I turned my shining green eyes to their leader. He seemed to be studying me and I growled at him. He came back and realized his patrol was defeated and nodded. "If you stay, you could be a warrior". He said. I huffed, finding his comment amusing. "Like your alpha would allow that, he's had it out for me since I arrived". I said. "Yes, that is true.. You know if you cross that line, you can never come back". He replied, looking me in the eyes directly. I nodded at him.

I heard a howl and more wolves come to back up the lead warrior and I ran over the border. "Good luck!" He barked after me, and I stopped in shock. I looked back at him and nodded.

I howled and stopped after a couple minutes. I looked back and saw the entire pack looking at me. I looked in the hatred filled eyes of the alpha and smirked at him. "Goodbye!" I laughed, and took off into rogue lands.