Chapter ten

My eyes shone brightly as I saw him, but hearing him say 'mate' simply made my heart thump loudly against my chest, enough to make me think it would leap out of my chest, as quick as a rabbit. I smiled shyly, and nodded, feeling my face burn. "H-hey, my mate; I found you". I stuttered breathlessly, taking him in. He chuckled, his cheeks tinted a light pink. "What is your name love?" He spoke huskily, sending shivers to travel down my spine in a rush. "Kaylee". I said, smiling brightly. He grinned at me before nodding, and replying. "Such a beautiful name for a beautiful lady". He replied, making my face burn even more. "Thank you, what's your name?" I asked. "My name my dear mate, is Braxton; it is amazing to finally meet you!" He grinned, giving me butterflies.

For what seemed like hours, we simply stood there, staring into each other's eyes with a small smile etched on our faces. "Sorry to interrupt Kaylee but I really want to know who harmed our mate!" Midnight said, growling towards the end. "I do as well". I replied back, calm to my now fuming wolf who was pacing back and forth in my mind, muttering threats to the wolf responsible for harming my mate. I cleared my throat, and looked at Braxton, who was looking at me confused. "My wolf and I, we want to know if you know who attacked you". I said calmly; while on the inside a full on nuclear war of anger was brewing. He tilted his head, looking much like a puppy who was confused. "What do you mean Kaylee?" He asked. "You do not know why you woke up here in my pack's hospital?" I asked, confused. Realization hit him and he gasped. "W-who's pack is this?" He whispered, barely audible, frightened. Midnight whimpered, as she heard the fright in his voice and I walked to him, placing my hands on his shoulders. "This is the Midnight Dusk pack; we are a great pack and I promise no one will harm you". I spoke reassuringly. He nodded hesitantly. "Who is the alpha? You are my mate, and I am a rogue; I want to stay with you". He said with a small smile, making my heart melt. "MATE WANTS US!" Midnight howled in happiness. I grinned, and then realized what he said, making me burst out in laughter. Braxton's face fell and a frown made its way onto his face, rejection on his face. "Your rejecting me?" He muttered, tears coming to his eyes, glazing them. I immediately stopped laughing and growled. "Of course not! I have been waiting my entire life to meet my mate and now that I have, I am never going to let you go!" I growled protectively. Almost immediately, his face brightened, his sadness quickly spiking to happiness, and excitement' looking oddly enough like a child on Christmas morning. I smiled back, happily as I knew I was what put such emotion onto my mates face. "Braxton, I just found it funny you didn't know just who's territory you ran onto, but I also can't blame you, seeing as you were being chased by rogues, and I had to save you and all.." I stated jokingly. He playfully glared at me. "So who's alpha of this pack?" Braxton's intoxicating voice asked. I smirked at him before replying. "This pack so happens to be ran by yours truly love". I said, watching in amusement as his jaw dropped to equal the ground, with eyes as wide as gumballs. "WHAT?!!" He yelped in disbelief. I chuckled at him, and nodded.

"Alpha, we caught the scent of more rogues just a couple miles from the border; there is back up, and they are arriving quickly". Danny, our main tracker said through the mind link. I growled, and replied. "Jace, Wade, and Crystal! I want you all to come to the pack hospital at once! Rogues are coming, and I have a feeling they are after my mate! I want you three to protect and guard him if anything were to happen!" I said protectively, through the link. "Yes alpha". The three said, before shutting off the link. "Brax, I'll be back as soon as possible; the rogues are coming, and I will keep you safe". I said with a slight snarl. He shook his eyes with wide eyes. "The one's who attacked me.. They work for a pack wolf.." He said, shakily. I nodded. "I'll take care of it". I said, before taking my leave. "All children and mothers are to report to the safe room; all fighters and others with me". I ordered through the link, feeling almost immediately as the pack went into a panicked frenzy.

I rushed outside, to see all of my pack fighters waiting for me in wolf form. I flexed, feeling my muscles bulging as I commanded the shift to occur. Almost immediately, I was in the eerie black form of Midnight. I growled lowly, as I heard the rogues approaching quickly, and howled. I howled to Rowan, knowing he and his pack were close by, and ran into battle. My pack ran slightly behind me, snarling, and bolting into battle, to protect the future of their pack, and their alpha's. I felt pride surge throughout me as I realized how strong and true their loyalty, and trust ran for me. "We will win this, not just for our mate, but for our pack as a whole". Midnight howled from within with pride. I chuckled, at the truth of her words, and then I leaped onto a rogue, and bit into it's flesh, catching it by surprise. The overwhelming stench of the rogues quickly hit me, and I fought the urge to recoil.

The wolf, was a very small, grey she-wolf, but with her small form, she made up with speed. She twisted out ofmy grasp, making me yelp in surprise, and jumped onto my back, biting my shoulder. I growled, and fell onto my back, crushing my opponent with force. I snorted in satisfaction, as I heard a crunch, and a yelp emerge from the enemy, and got up, to see her in pain, curled up. Taking pity on her, I snapped her neck, killing her instantly.

I saw Katie struggling with two wolves larger than her, and decided to take the larger one. I sprinted fully towards them, snapping many necks, and tearing down all whom got in my way. I lowered my head as I got to them, and rammed into the side of the rogue, hearing him yelp in shock. "Thanks alpha!" Katie said relieved, through the link. "No problemo kid!" I joked, knowing she highly disliked the nickname I have grown to call her. I dodged the silver wolf in front of my face by inches, as he attacked, fangs flying by. "That the best you can do pup?!" I taunted, smirking mentally as a look of rage came onto his face. "HOW DARE YOU CALL ME A PUP YOU DISGRACE!!" The rogue snarled, as he leaped towards me. I swiftly dodged, taking his anger for granted. He leaped again, and I ducked, and jumped up as he flew over, and sunk my teeth into his jaws, piercing his jugular. The coppery, metallic taste of blood met my nostrils, as his blood flooded my mouth. I dropped him, and saw as his life poured out of him, eyes glazing over in seconds. He shifted back into his human form and I used my claws to close his eyes.

My head flung upwards as a howl of pain sounded, and I felt a stab go the heart as I realized my mate was hurt. Suddenly, all I saw was red, the blood that flowed throughout me pumped loudly, and I seemed to grow larger, as I ran through the battle field, and back to the pack house, not knowing what may of happened.

------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys it's me! This chapter isn't as good as it should be, but I'll revise it tomorrow! Hopefully you all like it, so tell me what you think! I hope you all have a great day! Or night haha :P
~Jerica