Chapter twelve

The entire pack were all in the pack house, we were all done cleaning up the mess and everything that remained that showed there were a fight. The chefs were busy in the kitchen, preparing a feast to celebrate our victory, and all the pup watchers were busy trying to keep the pups away from the kitchen, to avoid conflict with the chefs. The entire house was filled with the noise of the packs business, as we all scurried around, cleaning, and messing around.

I however, was next to Braxton in the game room, playing some Left 4 Dead, he was cussing like a sailor as the horde kept devouring him, and hunters pounced onto him. "I am incredibly tempted to leave you love". I teased, elbowing him gently, my eyes focused entirely on the screen. He huffed; "but then you would literally leave me for for dead!!" He cried in annoyance, making me burst out in laughter. I felt his glare on me, so I tried to stifle my laughter, cheeks puffed up like a chipmunks does with nuts. He started cracking up, and I burst out laughing along with him. Never have I heard such an amazing sound; not in my entire life.

We were on the "No Mercy" campaign, and as we neared the finale, the Tank appeared, and I turned my character (which is Zoey), to see it was manifesting itself next to Braxton, and erupted into a fit of giggles. "What's so funny?" He asked, as he gave me a funny look, and turned his character, to face the Tank head on. His face turned into one of horror, before he yelled, as the Tank started roaring and hit him, making him fly down the hall, and land incapacitated by the tank. "Damn that Tank has such a smexy face, don't it Brax?" I asked, snickering. "OH SHIT!!!" He swore, angrily as I shot at the tank with my machine gun, running backwards, and not waiting to reload, switched quickly to my pistols, two other gamers, following suit, behind me. As soon as the Tank fell, I snickered, and got to Braxton, helping him back up. "Thanks.." He grumbled annoyed. Right then, the door open, and a loud voice followed.

"ALPHAS DINNER IS READY!!!" Katie yelled, making me groan, and Braxton throw his fist in the air in victory. "We were just getting to the good part too.." I grumbled, a pout on my face, as I left the game, and got up. My mate looked at me, before laughing his tail off (see what I did there? *wink* *wink*), and picking me up, and running downstairs, surprising me when he didn't trip. "For being pretty dang injured yesterday, your acting pretty good." I said, smirking at him, as he glared down at me, and suddenly dropped me, making me yell out in surprise. "Asshole..." I growled at him, rubbing my butt as I got back up, he laughed harder. I rolled my eyes, before I sat down at the gigantic table. As I lied my eyes on the feast in front of me, my mouth started to water, the large chicken, mashed potatoes, macaroni, steak, and more, were enough to make me look like I have not eaten a meal in centuries. The pack, seeing the look of adoration on my face, laughed at me. "I'll take it as you like it then, alpha?" Renee, our head chef asked. I nodded furiously, and gave her two thumbs up, making her crack a smile. As everyone sat down, we dug in..

*Skipping feast*

I was stuffed, and was going to head out on a run, the pack patrol, along with Brax came along with me. We shifted, and ran to the east, where I remember the Misty Shadows landmark, the hidden waterfall was."Hey Kaylee, where are we going?" Jax, a Misty Shadows pack warrior asked me. I glanced at him before replying; "the waterfall". He nodded, and turned his head, to look forwards, his silver coat gleaming in the moonlight. I took a long sniff at the air, as we neared and it smelled the way I had remembered it to be, damp earth, with the small hint of pine, and berry. When the pack used to pick on me, or made my day into a bad one, I would come here. I found it when I was running from the alpha, as he was chasing me because I had forgot to make lunch.

"So since I am your mate, that means I have to go through the pack acceptance ceremony to become the alpha male?" Brax asked through our mind link, tilting his large furry head in confusion, making me laugh quietly. "Yeah, the pack loves you already, so I know they'll accept you in warmly, with no problems what so ever". He did a wolf grin, making me laugh at the strange look.