Chapter Five

Claire, Katie, Elliot, had arrived at a supposed disease research building, and I looked at the three who all were wearing the same confused look. "Erm.. Alpha, why are we at a research facility?" Elliot asked, tilting his head confusedly at me. I smiled and clapped a hand on his back. "This my dear wolves, are the location of the elders. They are the CEO's and founders of this company". I explained. "So, are there humans who work here alpha?" He asked. I shook my head. "No, to keep our kind safe, they only accept wolves and other supernatural beings into the facility as employees". I said, and we entered.

I told the three to sit in the waiting room, and went up to the front desk, where the secretary sniffed the air. Her eyes landed on me and she growled loudly, attracting the attention of others close by. "ROGUE!" She snarled, as her eyes became a bright rust orange. "They are here to see the founder's Clary". A husky voice said from behind me. "Isn't that right rogue?" The man asked, daring me to say otherwise.

I nodded, and faced the woman. We are, it is not the first time rogues have came here to get permission from the elders to become a pack". I said, shrugging. She took a hesitant glance at the man before slowly nodding. "Oh.. Is that right.. I apologize for my actions miss". She said, her head low. I nodded before speaking. "That's alright, now are they busy?" I asked. She picked up the phone and dialed a number. "Sir, we have a couple rogues who want to form a pack of their own". She explained. She nodded and spoke again. "There are"... She said and I held up four fingers, hearing the question. She mouthed a 'thank you' and replied. "There are four of them here sir". She nodded again, clicking her tongue. "Yes sir, right away sir". She said before hanging up the phone, and standing. "Come along with me, they will take you now". She said, and I signaled the others to follow. She lead us through the halls, where all stared at us, making us feel even more like outsiders, and further out of our comfort zone.

"Here you are, good luck". Clary said with a slight smile, before leaving us alone in front of two large doors. "Stay in the shadows you three". I said, and knocked on the door as they nodded. "Enter". A man boomed. I walked in and stood in front of a large meeting table which had four elders sitting at it, two men and two woman. "So rogue, you want to form a pack?" A elderly man with gray hair with spots of black and pale green eyes spat disgustedly. I smiled kindly, even though my wolf was fuming with anger inside of me, and nodded. "Yes sir, I want to give rogues who decide to, a chance to become a pack wolf". I said, lowering my head in respect. Midnight growled at me for the movement. "Why are you giving him respect when he is not giving us respect himself?!" She thundered, making me nearly winch in pain. "Because, in order to become a pack, we must get all votes from the council and if they find us unworthy to be alpha of a pack, we will never be able to make the pack a real thing". I explained to her, and she growled lowly, before turning tail and going back into the depths of my mind. I mentally sighed in relief.

The elderly man smiled at me and nodded. "You have passed my test. You did not attack in haste from anger, I thank you". He said and bowed to me. The woman, I suppose to be his mate stood up and glared at me. "If you are to be alpha, you need a beta, delta, and gamma. I do not see them with you". She said, glancing around me. I smirked and watched her face turn to pure confusion. "Come out". I ordered, as the three came out of the shadows and stood by my side. They all bowed and hung their head in respect of the council. I looked at Claire and she nodded. "Hello, my name is Claire Desveaux, I am to be Kaylee's beta if you allow me too". She said, and the woman nodded stiffly. Then Katie spoke up. "I am Katie Wagstaff, and I am to be the pack delta". She said looking the woman in the eyes, making her chuckle. Elliot stood up tall, and spoke with full authority in his voice. "I am Elliot Taylor and I will be gamma of my pack". He said, looking straight at the woman. She grinned, and spoke up, eyes directly on me. "Well you pass my test, good luck". She said and sat down, the man next to her stood up, and walked over to us and stood in front of me.