Chapter fifteen

Through the decades of the pack's  history, nothing has ever gotten quite a reaction out of the Misty Shadows pack. Nothing has ever caused the pack to grieve alongside another pack, certainly never for another alpha. When the news broke out about the murders of Whispering Stars entire pack, the entire world was shocked, and had mourned the great pack. However, Misty Shadows only knew Whispering Stars solely for business, and their death was simply the loss of a business partner, and nothing further than that.

Now, however it was entirely different, they all knew Kaylee; though it be true they had tormented her in the past, they still had known her, that she was resilient, and as tough as nails. For her to of let out such a sorrowful, grief filled howl had shook them all to their innermost core. Before any of them knew it, they all had tears in their eyes that had threatened to spill. Others fell to their knees at the haunting sound, or had shifted as they made their way outdoors. Soon, both the united packs of Misty Shadows, and Midnight Dusk had slowly aligned around the forest line, and as wolves, let out their cries of sorrow, grief, anger, and relief that was long overdue; their tears dribbling down their fur. Each wolf, grieving alongside the young alpha; whom of which was the lost daughter of the Whispering Stars pack's last alpha pairing.

The she-wolf grieved deeply for many hours until midday as she finally let her emotions run, so that she could let it all go, and be ready to face the war that rapidly was approaching. As midday had struck, so did the end of the former Kaylee Anderson's mercy and sympathy towards the rogue pack, and the start of the fate of the alpha, her pack, and their allies. As she had calmed down, Anderson shifted back, slowly getting up, she looked down at the body of the traitorous beta in pure disgust, and hatred. "I am glad that he is no longer able to cause any harm to others in this lifetime. We did something that others would find difficult Kaylee." Midnight spoke suddenly, attempting to clear the air. Exhaling, she agreed with her wolf: "As am I. This world has no need for corrupted individuals like him who are solely interested in gaining power."

Hearing someone clear their throat, she turned to face Silver and Joseph, who held their heads low in respect of the alpha. "My apologies for interrupting your thoughts alpha." Silver said lowly. "No worries Silver, it's quite alright. What's up?" I asked, smiling at the two guards.

"What would you like done with the corpses of the rogue and the traitor? Joseph and myself will handle it swiftly." He said, gesturing to the younger wolf who grimaced at the sight of the bloodied bodies. Chuckling, Kaylee pat the wolf gently on his head; "You have got much to learn and get used to pup. These situations unfortunately happen every day." Kaylee sighed, glancing at the corpse again, Joseph nodded in understanding. "I will personally write a note to the rogue alpha. Place these corpses on their territory to be found by a patrol of theirs. The note will be placed in the pocket of Cyrus there." I explained, the two nodding.

"Alpha, we captured the other rogue and handed them to a pack patrol. He is unconscious in the underground." Joseph reported, his gaze low. I hummed in acknowledgement. "Alright. I'm heading back then. I need to schedule an immediate emergency meeting. Run a patrol around the borders to ensure no other rogues are on our lands." I commanded, before walking back in the direction of the pack house, hearing the running of their paws as they began to do as commanded.

As I walked through the doors, and into the den of the house, I spotted Charles and his subordinates. A cup of black tea in Charles' right hand, he smiled at me. "Welcome back Alpha Anderson. Am I correct to assume we are going to your office?" He mused. I nodded, "yes, that is correct. There's an urgent matter I need to discuss with you, and other packs." I explained to him,  ushering him quickly into the study.

I went to the desk, and pushed a button on the underside, and a screen popped out of the wall. I then began to call all allies, and sat down with Charles as they all answered, asking what the sudden call was for. "This rogue pack has been causing each of us problems for long enough. They've murdered my pack, as well as my parents. They left me an orphan. Who knows how many countless other's they've done the same to? No one should ever have to hear the screams of their friends and family as they are cruelly killed by wolves who enjoy killing. They need to be stopped, and I'd be damned if I allow their corruption to continue." I growled, as memories of the blood filled night filled my mind.

"What about the council?" Alpha Luke asked, curiosity in his voice, others agreeing. I chuckled at the question. "We all know that the  council has been struggling to keep the rogues under control since the rogue pack has been recruiting members and started attacking the other packs. If we all work together to wipe them out, the council will have no worries on repercussions." I explained. "So, you are going to start a war with them?" Rowan asked, interested. I nodded, "yes, I am going to wipe out that entire pack. Their followers. Their allies. Everybody." The other alphas gave their agreement, and we then set off to finish our preparations, and went over plans of attack and strategy. Charles laid a hand on my shoulder, and bowing his head low, began to speak. "I, Charles Solovich, alpha of the Night Shade pack, ally myself to alpha Kaylee Anderson and her pack in their time of need, and vow to help protect them and their territory in times of war, to fight right alongside them." He said, and I smiled gratefully and repeated his words and gestures, helping him up, and shook his hand, sealing our promise.

Finishing, I realized the day had long since expired, and was now a quarter to noon the next day. "Why don't you head to sleep Kaylee? I'll finish the rest here." Charles offered. I smiled and nodded. "Just let me write a couple of letters really quickly. Thank you." I said, grinning tiredly.

Taking six cards out, I wrote letters to five of my most trusted allies, as well as the note to the rogue alpha. "You have gotten quite a few contacts don't you?" Charles chuckled out. "I do, yes. These five especially, I've known them since I was a pup." I laughed. Finishing up, I placed all six in envelopes, and walked out the door.

I gave the letters to six pack scouts, and also, assigned a warrior to each. "These letters are extremely important, I expect these to be delivered as soon as possible with no delay. If any of these people give you a hard time, or try to turn you away. Tell them that the kale needs their help." I explained, turning red as they looked at me confused. "Alpha.. was that a joke?" They asked slowly. "No.. they'll know once you tell them." I explained, and each pair set off immediately on their mission.

Now that everything was done and over with, I headed upstairs, exhaustion evident as I slumped over. As I walked into the room I shared with Braxton, I heard his snores and smiled at his sleeping body. I climbed into bed and quickly gave in to sleep. Charles, alone in the study, chuckled to himself. "That girl has changed so much. She used to cry over the things brought back from hunts.. It really is quite nostalgic seeing her after all these years but she has grown into quite the alpha; definitely following in her parents footprints.

I'm sure they'd be proud." He said to himself, looking out the window of the room. Turning his gaze to the desk, he shook his head gently. "Well, I should contact the others and tell them the plans. I'm sure they'll certainly be glad to hear them." He mumbled, yawning in exhaustion.

__________________________________
What are Charles' intentions? Do you think they are good or bad? Tell me your thoughts and ideas!

It's been a while since I've last updated, sorry about that everyone. I've been a bit overwhelmed with work, as I'm working lots of overtime just so I can move in the summer😅 hope you all have been well!