Chapter Three

I was now in the land of the rogues, the feeling of safety and freedom washing over me instantly. Midnight, just realizing what we had done, chose now to erupt in a fit of laughter. "Kaylee did you see how angry Dan and his wolf looked?! Eric looked like he was going to force the shift and kill us himself!" She said, in between laughs, causing me to giggle along with her. "I am so happy Midnight, this is amazing!! We are finally free of that horrible pack!" I yelled in pure joy, and stopped us, finding we were in a meadow full of bright green grass, and dandelions all over.

I closed my eyes, and shifted back into human form, falling backwards onto the softness of the forest grass. I stretched before curling up and thinking about how well our life was going to be now that we were free of the Misty Shadows and all their abuse. It did not take long until sleep came to me, and I was consumed in complete darkness."

*Dream*

I was in my old pack territory, watching the pack house go up into flames, the remaining pack members continuing to fight against the group of rogues. I saw the field of the pack covered in the blood of fallen members, and rogues, their pale, glassy eyes haunting me forever. I remember mom grabbing my arm, and running into the forest. "Luna, you need to get Kaylee and yourself out of here now! Alpha Rayden is distracting the leader and has ordered me to get you to safety!" Peter, my parents beta said through the pack link.

Suddenly, we were where in the clearing in the Misty Shadows pack territory, where my parents were killed. "No! James!" My mom yelled, as a rogue jumped onto my father's wolf, and dug his teeth into his neck. The rogue brought his head up quickly and his jaws were glistening with the blood of my dad. The leader smirked, looking at my mom before laughing manically. "Are you ready to join your mate in the afterlife Misty?" He growled, before he flicked his head, sending his rogues on her, like a pack of hunting dogs. No! Mommy, daddy!!! I yelled, tears cascading down my face, falling to my knees. The leader looked at me, before giving a smirk. "Well, well, isn't it the daughter of my mate, and that bastard!" He said, and his eyes darkened in hate. "No, your wrong! Mommy was daddy's mate, not yours! You stupid meanie!!!" I yelled, before kicking him.

He stalked towards me threateningly, growling at my insult. The others joined, moving forward slowly. One raised his ears, and turned to the leader, eyes full of alarm. "Boss! The pack patrol is coming!!" He yelled. The leader nodded and with one last snarl, he turned around and ran. The others glared at me, teeth bared, before following their leader, and running out of the pack territory.

I took that chance to run over to my parents, and hug them close, not caring that my clothes were being soaked with blood. All I wanted was my parents back. Unknown to me, the patrol was there, jaws open, nearly even to the ground, watching me.

*End of dream*

I jumped up, breathing heavily, beads of sweat clinging to my forehead. "Are you alright"? A voice asked from my right. I jumped in fright, shifting into my coal black wolf, staring into the shadowy depths of the forest. "Who are you? Show yourself at once! I growled, demonically. A gray wolf with white paws, and a black spot around her right eye, and ear, came out of the darkness. Her head held high, but not meeting my gaze.

"Hi... I-I am Claire; Claire Desveaux... I meant no harm, really". The she wolf said timidly. I set my ears upward, sitting down on my back haunches, relaxing. "Well it is really nice to meet you Claire, I'm Kaylee Anderson. I'm sorry for reacting like that, it is just I recently became a rogue, and you can never be too careful." I chuckled, gaining a nod from Claire.

"True. Now come along with me. I have a group of wolves that I travel with. You can join us if you would like?" She asked. I glanced at her cautiously. "We can trust this wolf, she tells the truth". Midnight said. I got up, and gallantly trotted to her side. "C'mon Kaylee!" She barked at me. "Wha-". I got out before she took off in a full sprint into the forest. I howled in excitement, and took off after her. I glanced behind me and saw dirt flying up into the air where my claws dug into the ground.

"Kaylee, we can go faster, C'mon!" Midnight exclaimed. "Are you sure?" I replied. "Do you think I would be saying that if I wasn't?!" She asked in a 'Well your dumb' sort of voice. I mentally rolled my eyes at her, as I picked up the pace and urged my paws to quicken. Within moments I was side to side with the fellow rouge.

I looked at her, tongue flying in the wind and gave her an excited yip. She barked at me before bumping into my side playfully. I stopped in shocked and shook, shaking all the dirt, leaves, and twigs out of my fur.

I heard her laughing and looked at her, eyes narrowed. "What's so funny?" I grumbled. "Y-your face! It was hilarious! You were like 'Woahhh!!'" She said before going into another episode of complete hysterics. I growled playfully at her until I heard a distant howl for help.

I raised my ears, before I started to run. "Claire, we need to hurry! They could be killed!" I yelled as my ears picked up the sound of fighting. "Yes Al- I mean Kaylee..." Claire replied, her paws hitting the forest floor instantly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's chapter four guys! As promised, it is a long chapter, and I really hope you enjoy it!! I'll be trying to update more, now that I'm on summer vacation! I will be posting the characters soon, and what they look like. Tell me what you think, and comment! Your comments will help me become a better writer! Thank you! :)

Also, a big shout out to my best friend, Chantel who helped me edit this chapter! She also inspired this chapter! This is dedicated to you, bud!!! :D

~Jerica