Chapter 21 - Part 1: The Truth Within The Lies

((Hey everyone! It's been a few weeks, so I figured I'd sit down, crack my knuckles and put out another chapter. With every one, we draw ever closer to the end, and I just want to say how amazing you've all been with your support for both me as well as this story. I'm grateful to you all, and I hope the care I've taken while crafting this story will show just how much. 

So, without further ado.....

The song for this chapter is so important. While writing this, I found that the words simply flowed freely from my hands while the music wistfully sang to my soul and gave it the words needed to make this chapter what it is. I hope while you listen as you read, it's presence in the background will only enrich the experience and allow you to feel what I did. If you also pay close attention, it applies to way more than one or two characters. ;)

Artist: Jason Walker 

Song: What If I Told You

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QLbxK29A9Y  (Best if placed on repeat before you begin.)

I also have yet to proofread, but wanted to get this out to you. You've been advised. ♡ For everyone reading, drop me a comment letting me know your thoughts. I'm very eager to read them and see how the unfolding events are effecting your view of what's going on. ^^

And as always, I love you all from the bottom of my heart, and I truly hope you enjoy!))

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength.....

                                                  .....While loving someone deeply gives you courage." ~ Lao Tzu

When they stepped through what was the door that lead in and out of his garage, Sans turned a curious eye toward Gaster, who gave a hopeful grin and proceeded to walk past him. Shaking his head, he followed; hearing footfalls crunching in the snow and knew that Strife was falling into step behind him. Well, if it hadn't been that, the exclaimed "Holy Shit!" that came from her, followed by violent teeth chattering the very instant the portal took them from Stormcity and dropped them into Snowdin would've been a dead giveaway. Sans snorted a laugh, causing Strife to narrow a jaundiced eye on him. "At least I have an ass to freeze off." she sniffed; nose in the air as she stormed past him. He stifled his laughter while trailing behind her as she followed the fast paced Gaster, who was apparently walking with purpose as his long strides had his confused followers nearly jogging to keep up. 

"So, where we headed anyway, G?" Sans asked, noticing the direction he was leading them in and frowning in confusion. Gaster merely shook his head, pointing forward; a clear sign that he wasn't going to get any answers until his old mentor was good and ready to give them. He also noticed that the elf next to him was growing just as wary as he was when they both spotted the door to the Ruins that loomed in the distance. Maybe Sans had missed some clue about Frisk, and Gaster was going to show them? Or had she been taken there? With that train of thought rising into his mind, his steps picked up pace even more so until he was sprinting. If they were going into the Ruins, Sans knew they'd be needing his key. Racing past both of his companions, he reached the giant metal door and dug his hands in his pockets; feeling only emptiness aside from the few balls of lint that occupied the spaces. One hand came out only to rise up and slap the palm of it into his forehead. 

"I'm such a dumbass. How the hell could I have lost that damned key?! We're gonna have to go look for it if you wanna get inside, 'cuz it's literally the only one." both palms then came up and scrubbed his face. "Asgore is gonna have my ass for this. He gave me that key after I swore I wouldn't lose it, and now....." his voice trailed off when he saw Gaster signing, telling him not to worry before he slipped his own hand into a breast pocket to retrieve a small silver object. Sans eyed first the key, then the skeleton holding it before his gaze dropped to watch Gaster unlock the door and pull it open. Waiting to hear the sound of rusted hinges groan, he was shocked once more when the only thing heard was the snow as it was pushed aside by the bottom of the giant, swinging object. Small balls of light ran the length of the long hallway extending out before them, and Gaster made a point to gesture for the both of them to make their way inside. After they'd all entered, Sans was beginning to grow more and more suspicious when Gaster once more took the lead and continued to guide them toward an unknown destination.