The Unraveling Part 2

((So, this is likely going to be a rather long chapter... That said, depending on what happens, I may break it up into yet another segment. I dunno... It depends on how late it gets to be.

I've literally been waiting for what's going to happen in this chapter (whatever part it ends up being within) since the beginning. This is going to be another plot point chapter, and there will be several song changes throughout. These songs are kind of.... necessary, if you will, to put you in my head. And also some are just necessary in general for story reasons. Trust me. You'll understand when we get there. So! Without further adue, and because I need this song on repeat for this portion of the chapter, you're getting it too. XD

Song: Salvation

Artist: Gabrielle Aplin

Link: http://listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=wWttGChn5ZE#Gabrielle_Aplin%3A_Salvation_(Official_Lyrics_Video)

And as always, I literally love you all, and I hope you enjoy!))

Sans had taken extra care in how he'd prepared for tonight. He'd spent the entire night awake, worried she'd say no. But... somehow in his Soul, he knew otherwise. It was the only reason he'd worked up the nerve to even ask her in the first place. He knew she'd see it even while awake, with reasons of his own. If it worked one way, it had to work the other, right? Well, at least, that's how he saw it in his head.

Looking in the mirror, he tipped his fedora downward, slanting it off to one side and cocking it slightly. He then adjusted the simple black mask that he'd picked up from Temmie after leaving Frisk the night before. He'd made sure to drink enough honey 'before' putting the suit on... That was the last thing he needed was a stain. Hopefully, he didn't do anything stupid to ruin this. That, or that crazy bitch wanting to posses Frisk.... Still, that nagging feeling within his soul told him otherwise. Urged him onward throughout this whole thing with more confidence than he was feeling anywhere else. When he stepped from his room, he straightened the large image of the bone that he'd bumped into earlier that day and knocked on Papyrus' door.

"Pap, you ready?"

"NO. HOMEY, I'M WIGGIN' OUT! WHAT IF SHE DOESN'T SHOW UP? OR WORSE, WHAT IF SHE SEES ME AND JUST... DIPS. I DON'T KNOW, SANS! I'M TWEAKIN'!"

"Pap, relax. You and Undyne have always had that crazy ass relationship. She ain't gonna dip on you. Honestly, I'm glad you're finally tellin' her."

"YEAH? WELL, WHILE YOU'RE GLAD, I'M SCARED SHITLESS!"

Sans shook his head, hearing muffled ruffling and movements from the other side of the door. While a smirk settled upon his face, he turned to the stairs. "Just chill, Pap!" He called as he began walking down to the main level. "I'm gonna head out and hope that Frisk doesn't tell me I'm an ass and find somethin' better to do."

It was then that Papyrus opened the door to yell out- "WELL, YOU ARE AN ASS IF YOU THINK SHE'LL DO THAT." Sans only laughed. "It wouldn't be the first time." Papyrus quickly retorted- "AND IT PROBABLY WON'T BE THE LAST."

With that, Sans heard the click of his brother's door, relating to him that he'd closed himself off in perpetual agony over his fears of telling Undyne how he felt for her. He knew she felt the same. It was written all over her face whenever they were together. She was a little... rough around the edges, true. But she had a good Soul, and Sans knew she'd be good for his brother. Tipping his way out the front door, he side stepped and walked to the back to take a faster route. "Thank the stars for shortcuts." He said as he looked around where Snowdin ended and Waterfall began. Something about this place always left him in awe. Whether it be the sounds as water spilled from one body, over a cliff and into another, splashing in a never-ending loop that he could always count on. Or maybe it was the way everything seemed to light up and glisten. Like Frisk's eyes, whenever she looked his way, he realized. Maybe Pap was right. Kicking a rock gently, he heard the satisfying 'plop' as it rolled off the embankment and into the river, staring at lily pads and ringlets of gray vines that grew all over this area. There were skads of spots loaded with blue flowers that smelled of fresh rain and warm spring nights. At least... that's the best way he could describe them. He always seemed to smell that wonderful scent whenever Frisk was nearby. "Huh..." he said aloud, realizing that was the first time he'd actually thought about it.