Chapter 11- Where Do We Go From Here

(Okay, guys. I've put a LOT of thought into how I wanted this to be, as I generally always do. But then again, you all know that. There will be a little mush, but things are about to get so much more interesting. ^^ 

I'm taking it back for the song for this chapter. But this song is a classic, and the words are just. So. Perfect. I couldn't help myself here. Lol. I hope you'll all appreciate it, as I spend a lot of time looking for music for every chapter, making sure that it's fitting for what is happening. In my mind, the visions of what I'm writing, while listening to the music, literally play like a movie and I get completely submerged. ANYways. XD On to the song and story! (Also, the song will be changing mid-chapter... but I thought this a good way to start. ^^ )

Song: Collide

Artist: Howie Day

Link: http://listenonrepeat.com/?v=Yk9G7OyKwLM#Howie_Day-_Collide-_With_Lyrics

And as always, I love you guys and TRULY hope you enjoy!)

"They believed in their Soul's light, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that's no matter --- Tomorrow, we will run faster. Stretch out our arms farther......

              ...... And one fine morning---" F. Scott Fitgerald (Edited by me a little to be more fitting.)

The rays of light began peering through the cracks in the blinds to the tiny window across the room from where Sans lay. Groggily, his eyes began to open, and immediately he was met with a sight he was definitely not expecting. Still wrapped up within his embrace, Frisk slept soundly and seemingly peaceful. She was facing him now, curled up into his frame as if it would ward off any evil that might attempt to plague her dreams. He stared a good long while, eyes roaming over the contours of her face. Even asleep, she was an angel among monsters. The adorable way her nose turned up just slightly, and the lovely tulip shape to her lips. She was a study of light and shadowplay. He contemplated getting up, but knew that it would rouse her and he wasn't sure he wanted to disturb her just yet.

So many questions swirled around his mind. How was she still here? Shouldn't she have 'woken up' within her own reality by now, just as it had been before? He knew the Save Star was still hanging from the end of his chain, so none of this made sense. Had it been the merging of their Souls? Could he have finally found a way to keep her here, with him without worry that she'd wake up one day and simply never come back? Just the thought alone sent a rush of euphoria through every bone in his body as a hand came up, gently caressing the loose strands of her hair that fell over the side of her face in a cascade of chestnut. Still, this roused more questions than either of them had answers, and Sans now knew with a certainty that they'd need to travel to see the Oracle. Hopefully the woman would be able to tell them something that would shed some light on what exactly had happened between them last night, and what it meant for them now. One thing he did know, deep within the fiber of his very being, if what had happened resulted in Frisk never leaving, neither of them would ever be alone again.

The light glistened over her smooth cheek, and just by the way she mumbled unintelligibly, he knew she was dreaming. Of what, he wasn't certain, but it didn't seem to be anything resembling a nightmare. A good sign, for sure. Maybe that merge had purged the crazyness from her mind and they could put that fear to rest. Oh, how he hoped that was the case. Somehow though, despite all the questions, Sans still found himself recumbent beside her. Content to simply have her near. It was.... there weren't any words he could think of to describe it, but he loved the idea of it all. When Frisk then stirred slightly, Sans took that as his cue and leaned in to kiss her forehead. No reaction. He thought surely that would have roused her.... Maybe if he moved a bit? Sliding his body away from her and toward the edge of the bed, her hand only slipped from his ribs and gently fell to the bed. Still, she didn't wake up. Worry now marred his face. Maybe she was just a sound and heavy sleeper? Yeah... that had to be it. For now, he'd leave her and go check on Papyrus, who was likely already awake and preparing breakfast. Why he insisted on making spaghetti for every meal was something Sans never really understood, but if it made Pap happy, he was happy.