Chapter 9- Control

((Update: I know I put out 3 chapters in the last week and a half, but this chapter took a lot of thought on how I wanted to go about everything. There are a lot of plot points coming up, and I needed all you guys to be prepared for what's coming. <3

I love you all for your patience with me. Thank you for that as well. You're all the best.

Theme for this week, which is SUPER fitting for Sans so I hope you'll give it a listen.

Artist: Starset

Song: It Has Begun

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kBf-mb6rKk

And as always, please. I truly hope you enjoy. Love you guys! <3 And HOLY SHIT! Almost 6,000 words..... Yeah, this is gonna be a long chapter. Lol!))

He wouldn't admit it to himself, but Sans had been counting down the hours until Frisk showed up. When he'd walked in the door from patrolling, there was a note on the counter from Papyrus. "YO, SANS. GRAB MY MAIL IF YOU GET BACK TO THE CRIB BEFORE I DO PLEASE. I'M WAITING ON SOMETHING IMPORTANT." Sans, shaking his head with a smirk, set the note down and walked back out to the mailboxes. His, of course, was stuffed full with nothing but junk mail.... or so he assumed. It always seemed to be that way whenever he did actually bring everything in and go through it all, so he recently just figured why bother? Papyrus, with all his OCD's, couldn't leave his mailbox alone. He was always checking to see if something.... anything, had come for him. Opening up the flap, he pulled out a small envelope with both Papyrus' name.... and his? Confused, he turned it over as he walked back into the house and used a knife from the kitchen drawer to slice the top open. Pulling out two red rectangular pieces of paper, he flipped them over and studied them. Then looked back inside to see a small letter addressed to them both as well.

"Sans and Papyrus,

There are two tickets enclosed for you to attend the Masquerade Ball Asgore and I are hosting Tomorrow. I know we told you about it before, but this is simply a reminder. As you know, we do something every year to honor our Son's memory on his birthday, and being that this would have been his twentieth, we thought we would do something special. With that said, feel free to see Faize, the Royal dressmaker for yourselves if you are in need of clothes. I'm sure he can find something perfect for the both of you. This is to be a grand affair, formal attire, so look your best. We were unsure if either of you would have a plus one, so we included that on the tickets just in case. Both Asgore and I do hope to see you there. It would mean a great deal to us. Don't forget your masks!

All our love,

Toriel"

Sans read it, then looked back to the tickets; deep in thought. If he were to ask Frisk... would she? "Nah... she wouldn't wanna go with a total asshat like me." He said aloud. "WHAT'S THAT, BRO? YOU SAY SOMETHIN'?" Sans nearly dropped the tickets, so engrossed in his own thoughts that he hadn't even heard Papyrus come in the door. "Just talkin' to myself, Pap. It's nothin'." Lies, but whatever.

"DID MY LETTER COME IN THE MAIL?"

Looking down at the the envelope and tickets, he handed them both over to his brother. "If this is what you're talkin' about, then yeah. It's here." Papyrus studied the look on Sans' face. "YOU'RE GONNA INVITE FRISK, RIGHT? I MEAN, YOU CAN'T GO TO SOMETHING LIKE THIS WITHOUT YOUR BAE." Sans snorted, holding the bridge of his nose between thumb and forefinger trying not to laugh. "Really, Pap. You watch too much TV or somethin'. I have no idea where you come up with half of these words. And naw.... I don't think she'd wanna go with me. I've been nothin' but an asshole to her since she first showed up here. Maybe you should ask her."

Papyrus broke into guffaws. "ME? ARE YOU OFF YOUR SQUARE, SANS? HAVEN'T YOU SEEN THE WAY SHE LOOKS AT YOU? CUZ I HAVE. AND I SEE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT HER TOO. THERE AIN'T NO WAY IN HELL SHE'D SAY NO." Before he could catch himself, Sans' eyes lit up, one glowing slightly orange. "What do you mean? How does she look at me?" Utterly intrigued, but then feeling entirely stupid, he first blanched, then turned a soft shade of orange. "I mean... y'know, not that I really care or whatever. I'm just curious." It was Papyrus' turn to snort. "REALLY, SANS. I'M YOUR BROTHER, AND I AIN'T STUPID OR BLIND. DON'T TRY AND PLAY DUMBASS WITH ME. JUST ASK HER, BRO. SHE'LL SAY YES. TRUST ME. WHEN HAVE I EVER STEERED YOU WRONG?"