Chapter 16- Lost Souls

I just want to start this off by saying that I know I've apologized so many times for the gaps in time between updates to this story... I wish it wasn't that way. So much. Depression is a wicked mistress, and I myself suffer from it, sadly. The holidays are also not a good time for me as well... With the loss of my Father in law on Christmas Day last year... a man who took me in and made me his daughter without reservation... Who I could lean on when I needed a shoulder... I miss him. Very much.. 

That said, this Christmas hasn't been filled with much joy or cheer, and my will to write, along with my self worth, slipped away from me for a long while. I'm getting better, and I know it's hard to continue following a story when you don't get an update for months at a time, but... I still want to again thank all of you who have still stood by me. Supported me, regardless. You've no idea what it means to me to have such incredible people such as you in my life. You've become like family to me, and I hold you all dear. 

So... I suppose now is the time where I begin talking about how happy I am that I finally found the will to crack open my laptop and begin this new chapter. I doubt I'll be able to finish it all in one night, but I'm hoping to have it to you as soon as possible. I do hope you'll enjoy it, as we are now traveling into unknown territory. It's here where we will be straying from the idea of an AU and blurring the lines between that and a Fanfic because Stormcity, along with a few original characters (all but one will be small and won't really effect your ability to keep focus on who is essential and who is not.) will all be unlike anything from the original Underground within the original Undertale. These are all new areas, and I will do my best to describe them so it'll be as though the image is right there within your mind as you go along. At least, that's the goal anyway. 

Also, I have a wonderful artist working on concept art for my characters. Her name is Natalie, and she drew this amazing early draft of Strife, who is an original character. This is her basic concept, as she'll be in this chapter if you're interested in physically seeing her. 

http://i65.tinypic.com/34qvedu.jpg

Thank you SO much for drawing her for me, Natalie. I appreciate it more than you know. <3

Now, for the song. This song... I have been saving it for this. Before I give you the link, however, I need you to know that within the header is a tribute to the story with a LOT of INCREDIBLE artwork from many of the seriously awesome people on the Novatale Community on G+. I have Mary. <3 to thank for putting them all together as she did. Please give it a watch either before or after. She's wonderful for making it, and certainly deserves the praise for it. It was unfortunately super glitchy for me when I tried to put it on repeat, and it seemed to slow down the speed of the song for some reason (Not sure if that was you or ListenOnRepeat) so I unfortunately couldn't use it to listen to while writing this. (I still loves you. <3<3 :(  )

That said, here is the version of the song that I ended up using, so you may as well do the same. Believe me, it will only heighten the experience and make it that much better because really, it's kind of, as I've said before, and integral part of the story itself. I've come to think of the theme music as a character in and of itself, really. Anyway, my babbling aside, here is the link! 

Artist: Digital Daggers

Song: Still here (Original Sans and Frisk fanmade video version)

Link: http://listenonrepeat.com/?v=XhzNIX4vL90#%7CUndertale%7C_AMV_%7C%7CSTILL_HERE%7C%7C_Sans_x_Frisk

And as always, I seriously hope you enjoy it, and I love you all SO much. <3

"And ever has it been known 

                              that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation."  -Khalil Gibran

Bark scattered across the forest floor while Sans' blasters slammed his magic into them one after another in frustration. "She was right there... I should have done somethin'. Should've fought harder." Another tree splintered as a blaster flung angered magic into it, sending branches flying in all directions. Leaves fluttered like delicate wings, following the lure of wind that carried them along. He'd already brought down three trees, trunks cracked in half like pretzels that now lay atop one another in haphazard heaps with fractured chunks spread out in all directions. They'd crashed so hard, the sound could likely be heard for miles. Even with that, it still didn't quell the anger, longing and sorrow churning within his bones.