Chapter 5- Trust Abides

((This chapter brings a smile to my face, as I'm a huge fan of Sans x Frisk, and just as much as everyone else, I cannot wait to have this whole story unfold. I love each and every one of you for the love and support for this story. It's almost overwhelming and it literally makes my heart smile. <3 I can't say thank you enough because there are no words.

Again, I love being bugged. Leave comments! Tell me how I'm doing! <3

Theme for this chapter:

Song: Fix You (cover by Secondhand Serenade, whom I adore fyi. XD)

I've already said the artist. Lol.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKFkIQNjvGQ

And as always, I hope you enjoy.))

Frisk sat atop the edge of her bed, turning her head back to look at her pillow. She couldn't deny it. She wanted to see him again..... She needed to know why. Why had he let her through? And why had he simply walked away from her when she'd called out to him. The urge was almost overwhelming. The questions were too many, and the answers too few. The only thing she did know for certain is that she couldn't wait to get back. Like some sort of compulsion, drawing her toward the warmth the blankets would provide

.... and the wonders that waited for her within her dreams. Maybe if she went early tonight, she could stay longer? To hell with the fact that it was only 7 p.m. Who was there to tell her when she could and couldn't go to sleep? That, and she had the next day off, so she'd be able to sleep for as long as her body... and mind, would allow.

"Dammit, Sans." she scoffed and clambered across the bed and wriggled into the blankets. The dark was so serene....

.... For now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sans stood in front of the cabinet within the kitchen he and Papyrus shared, honey in his hand as he squeezed the bottle over his mouth. The thick, warm liquid trailed it's way past his teeth and glided over his tongue ever so smoothly. While he did so, he pondered the happenings of the day prior. The way she'd looked at him, he'd known right there that he couldn't stay, no matter how much he'd wanted to. If he'd allowed himself any more time with her, he might have slipped and let his guard down.... and then what? Would she stab him in the back? Sans wanted to believe it wasn't true, but too many timelines of genocide said otherwise. Why would she be any different?

.....But she was different, and somehow within his soul, he knew it.

While drowning in his thoughts, Sans realized he'd also been drowning in honey, looking now at the empty bottle with a scowl. Why was this girl on his mind so much now? It was all he seemed to think about anymore.

"SANS? YO, HOMEY? WHERE ARE YOU AT TODAY?"

Papyrus waved a hand in front of Sans' face in an attempt to get his attention.

"Sorry, Pap. Just lost in thought, I 'spose."

Papyrus, as always, wasn't convinced. He cocked his head off to one side and pierced Sans with an inquisitive stare. "WHAT'CHA THINKING ABOUT, BRO? SEEMS TO ME LIKE THAT'S ALL YOU'VE BEEN DOING LATELY." He couldn't tell Papyrus. Honestly, he couldn't tell anyone. Nobody would, or could, understand. What would he even say? 'Yeah, Pap. Humans have come and gone down here and killed us all, picking us off one by one like cherries from a tree.' Papyrus would only look at him like he was going crazy. No.... he'd do what he always did. Lie through his teeth. Literally. (Heh.)

"Eh, you know. The usual. Honey, chillin'.... more honey, when I'm gonna have to go out and get more honey. Nothin' special." Again, Papyrus still wasn't convinced. "YOU'RE STARING INTO A CABINET STOCKED FULL OF HONEY AND YOU'RE THINKIN' ABOUT WHEN AND WHERE YOU'RE GONNA GET MORE?" He shook his head. "I HATE HAVING THE FEELING THAT YOU'RE LYING TO ME, SANS.... BUT I GUESS I AIN'T GOT NO CHOICE BUT TO BELIEVE YOU..." Papyrus then paused. "WAIT! IS THERE A GIIIIRL YOU AIN'T TELLING ME ABOUT?" He drawled out 'girl' like it was the most important word in the dictionary. Sans snapped to attention. "Hell naw. There ain't no girl! Why the hell would I be thinkin' about a girl?!" His quick and not so convincing response made Papyrus smile wider... if that was even possible. "C'MON, SANS! I'M YOUR BRO! YOU CAN TELL ME! WHO IS SHE? DOES SHE HAVE HAIR? ARE THERE ANY HORNS? OR MAYBE SCALES OR SPIKES..... OH, MAYBE SHE'S GOT TATTS ALL OVER HER BODY! THAT WOULD BE THE SHIZ!"