Chapter 4- Help Me Understand

((I am so very sorry to all of you who have waited. This has been a very long week for me, between the holidays and going to see family, and I haven't really been in front of my laptop as much as I'd like. That said, I truly hope this chapter makes up for that, and I promise the next won't take near as long. Thank you so much for your patience. 

Also, Please feel free to drop me a comment and let me know how I'm doing? It's yet another thing that kinda keeps me going, and I'd appreciate it so much. ♡

Theme for this chapter:

Song: Down

Artist: Jason Walker

This song put me in Sans' head.... There's a lot to be said about it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXs8Cv8U02k

And as always, I truly hope you enjoy!))

Sans rubbed his face, pacing the space in front of his couch in the livingroom. What was he thinking? If he let the Human get through the Ruins and into the rest of the Underground, would she really be so merciful? He'd blatantly murderer her over and over, each time feeling that much worse about it....

... especially the moment she tried to hand him her Soul.

It was in that moment that he'd realized something. Could it truly be possible for a Human to have compassion? To have any regard for other living things that weren't of their own kind? Why else had she thrown that knife to the ground and stood there, resolved to be killed as many times as he was willing to dish it out? Then again, was he really prepared for the consequences of his actions if something went terribly wrong? He was so tired... so worn out from all the time lapses and rebooting of his world. He'd watched so many people that he'd loved turn to ash right before his eyes.... He'd seen Papyrus turn to-....

"WHAT UP, HOMESLICE?"

Sans smirked, looking up to his brother who was on the ledge, peering over at Sans' meandering form. "YOU LOOK TENSE, SANS. EVERYTHING ALL GOOD?"

"Yeah, Pap. It's good. Don't worry about me, yeah?"

"YOU KNOW I ALWAYS WORRY. YOU NEVER JUST CHILL ANYMORE, AND YOU ALWAYS LOOK LIKE SOMETHING IS BOTHERING YOU...."

"Nah, Pap. Everything's good. Just go do your thing."

Papyrus stared at him with a long, meaningful glance and finally nodded. "ALRIGHT. I'M 'BOUT TO TAKE A SHOWER. LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANYTHING." To that, Sans just nodded before heading to the kitchen. He had an absolute affinity for Honey, and made sure to stock up on it since Grillby never seemed to have any. Grabbing a bottle from the cabinet, he shoved it into his pocket. The Human would be returning soon, and he needed to be there to see what she was going to do. Especially if things took a turn for the worse. Oh, how he hoped that wouldn't be the case. Walking up the stairs, he figured he'd let Papyrus know he was leaving. Stepping slightly through the door, he opened his mouth to speak until he heard....

"I'M THE GRIZZLE PAPIZZLE, AND MY SPAGHETTI IS THE SHIZZLE, DIZZLE!"

Sans snorted.

"SANS? IS THAT YOU? ARE YOU SPYING ON ME IN THE SHOWER AGAIN?!"

Doing his best to stifle his laughter, Sans straightened himself and cleared his throat.

"Nah, Pap. I forgot to tell'ya that Undyne called. She wants you to go over there early for your training and shit."

"EARLY?! YES! SHE'LL BE AMAZED AT MY NINJA STYLE AND PROWESS! AND IN NO TIME, I'LL BE THE MOST BAD ASS IMPROVEMENT TO THE ROYAL LEAGUE OF ASSASSINS YET!"

NovaTaleजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें