Chapter 7- Through The Darkness

((Update: That last chapter was a serious pivot in the story. But the ride is far from over. I love all of you. Like.... seriously. If not for you, this story would be nothing. Please, if you've emailed me fanart and I haven't seen it/gotten it, message me. We'll figure something out. Again, I'd appreciate any and all fanart. If it's not used for the story headers, I'm going to make a huge gallery on Deviantart with everyone's art when all is said and done.

That said, this song is almost imperative to this chapter. You really need to listen to the words.... Good God, they're fitting, and they fueled my muse like crazy as I was writing. I hope it took me in a direction that will hold your attention!

Artist: Starset

Song: My Demons (Holy hell, this song is so epic for these two.)

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSvOTw8UH6s

Love you guys! And as always, I truly hope you enjoy!))

Frisk couldn't tell whether her eyes were open or closed. Once again, she'd been swallowed whole within a well of inky black. She didn't dare move, afraid of the unknown within her surroundings until out of nowhere, a spotlight flickered to life and shown down on one large circus looking mirror. Taking a few cautious steps, at first her reflection seemed normal. Moments later however, it began to dissolve into static, sweater fading from red to grey. The reflection smiled back at her despite the solemn look she was sporting. Confused, Frisk raised her hand, the reflection in the mirror mimicing her movements with exact timing. "No..." she said aloud, and instead of the mouth of the reflection moving, it's grin only widened before it nodded then winked out. Now she felt like a vampire, staring into a mirror with no reflection at all.

Suddenly, clanks resounded in the darkness one after another as mirrors were illuminated like that of a carnival fun house. Recoiling in fear, Frisk began to back away until she heard Sans' voice in the distance. Mirrors were everywhere, lining linear walkways with images of things she'd rather not see. The knife slicing down into Papyrus' backside, causing him to turn to dust and blow away as though he never existed. "Frisk?!" Sans' voice was pleading from the distance.

"You'll never find him." came what was once a disembodied voice. Now, however.... it was a reflection of herself, only the leer and red eyes gave way to the truth. It wasn't her at all, but something entirely different..... wholly evil. This was death incarnate.

"Frisk, can you hear me?!"

"I'll find him, bitch. Don't doubt my Determination."

Instead of angering the reflection, it only seemed to become evem more pleased with itself. "Oh, I never doubted your Determination. It's why I chose you." Frisk, both angry and confused, snarled back. "What the fuck is that supposed to mean. Chose me? For what?" The voice chuckled wryly. "Oh, you'll find out. When you succumb. It's easy, just let go. You know you want to. What is there to go back to? Living alone, no friends, no family... back to a place where no one understands you?"

"Dammit, Frisk! Wake up!" Sans' voice grew more demanding... fearful. Instead of indulging the voice, she began to run, seeing Papyrus' death over and over in each mirror. Then there were images of creatures that she'd never seen before being cut down by her hand.... only now she knew it wasn't her. And she'd be damned if she was going to let this bitch win. The line of mirrors was never ending. "Sans! Please, where are you?"

"Frisk?! C'mon... snap out of it!"

'Dammit' she thought, looking from one mirror to the next before it appeared that she'd finally come to the last row. The end was so far off, but she could see Sans' reflection in the very mirror that blocked off the exit. "Sans, please! Help me!" she cried out before everything went dark again. All light extinguished for mere moments before a dull glow surrounded the final mirror. When she finally made it, the reflection was black. "I told you. I always win."