2. the jet wing

Haley's P.O.V.

It hasn't been that long since the whole Triton app incident occurred. Two days ago if we're getting really exact. Without the lab, Adam, Bree, and Chase all had to sleep upstairs without their capsules and they were loving every second of it. Since mine was still intact and in the guest room, I still had to sleep in my capsule whenever I came over there. Davenport told me when the FBI found it while they were searching the house, he told them it was a washing machine he invented.

Bree, Chase, and I were all sitting on the couch watching a video on my phone while Adam, Leo, and Davenport were all in the kitchen. For the past two days, Davenport has been trying to repair anything that might still be intact from the explosion. This invention he was working on was the last thing he could find. Mine, Bree's, and Chase's attention tore away from the video when we heard a noise come from the kitchen. We saw sparks fly up from the invention, and Davenport quickly jumped back.

"Great." Davenport sighed, "Everything in the lab is officially useless, and I don't have any money to repair it."

"I know my mom didn't marry you for your money, but I haven't been putting up with your antics for nothing." Leo said to him.

Davenport just gave him a look as Bree, Chase, and I all stood up from the couch. We walked into the kitchen and Bree said, "Mr. Davenport, take your time with the lab.  I don't mind staying up here. I mean, it won't make up for living in a basement for sixteen years, but it's a start."

"We don't have time." Davenport said to her as he walked around the counter, "Your capsules have regenerative capabilities. They're crucial to your bionic infrastructure."

"Huh?" Adam asked, not knowing what anything he just said meant.

"Let me help you." Chase said as he leaned down to Adam and said in a deep voice, "Capsule good!"

"Oh." Adam nodded his head when he understood now. Chase just rolled his eyes.

"But, I haven't been in my capsule all week and I feel fine." Bree said to Davenport.

"Well, it's only a matter of time before your bionics go haywire." Davenport said.

"Do you know when exactly? Because I have a haircut on Tuesday and if I glitch in the chair, I'm just going to end up looking like that train wreck." Adam said referring to Chase.

Chase just glared at him before he said annoyed, "Look, I get it. I'm short, I look like a lady golfer, and I have a terrible haircut. What else you got?"

"How long do you have?" Adam asked while laughing. Bree, Leo, and I joined in on the laughter while Chase just glared at us.

Once I was done laughing, I asked Davenport, "Since my capsule is still intact, can't the four of us just take turns using it?"

"It doesn't work that way. Your capsules are equipped for your own bionic infrastructures. If they tried to use your capsule, their bionics could go even more haywire." Davenport explained to me and then said to Adam, Bree, and Chase, "The longer you go without your capsules, the more likely you'll glitch. So don't use your bionics until I get enough money to rebuild the lab."

"Uh oh." Adam suddenly said, "I feel a glitch coming on."

That's when he reached over and punched Chase right in the arm. Chase just yelped in pain while Bree and I bit our lips so we wouldn't laugh.