"I guess our paths just haven't crossed yet. I don't normally come around at this time around." He explained, in which she nodded. I simply assumed that his shifts were in the mornings, since I always stopped by in the afternoons or evenings. 

"I suppose so."

He formally nodded and showed an awkward grin. I just put him in a pretty embarrassing situation, but I enjoyed it. I wasn't in the mood for being forced into anything. Just because he was nice, and very flirty, in front of my sister and niece, did not mean that I wanted to be all buddy-buddy — or date him. 

It might have been a bit too much with being rude to him, but I couldn't help myself. It's just who I was. A closed off human being, who doesn't take chit-chat lightly.

..

Over the next few hours was filled with Hazel telling funny stories to us, playing some games, and just simple girl talk. Like everything else, this was fun for me.

Fun wasn't apart of my life either. I liked it — a lot. Her doctor came to 'check-up' on her a few times. Of course, that was far from the truth. Every time he entered the room, I saw Josie's eyebrows wiggle at me, noting that Jamie had made himself present; however, I couldn't care less. Yes, he was attractive; yes, he was a doctor; yes, he seemed to have a pretty charismatic charm; but I wasn't interested.

The hours slowly went on and Hazel fell asleep for a nap, and naturally, Josie pulled me out of the room to 'chat'. I knew exactly what she was going to say, and frankly, I didn't want to have this conversation. It's hard to tell her 'no', though. It was a simple concept that she seemed to have a hard time understanding it.

"Céline, I can't believe you." She smacked my arm lightly, causing me to whine lowly at her action.

"What?" I said, rubbing my arm.

"You know exactly, what. Jamie was just being nice and you shot him down, without a care in the world."

"Well, oops." I shrugged, sarcastically.

"Oops? Really Cece, really?" She crossed her arms and raised a brow at me. "You need to find yourself a man."

"No, I don't."

"You don't go out, you're just cooped up in that small little place of yours. You go from the firm, to Lena's every so often, here, and back home. Yes you go out sometimes with her, but it's not enough. You need a proper social life."

"Again, no I don't. I'm perfectly content with the life I have going for me."

"Sweets, you know I care for you. I also care that you have someone that should care for you."

"I don't need anyone to care for me. I have you and Hazel, you two are all I need. Two years ago, I had no one. This, is a change for me. I like this. I love this. I don't want to change it."

"Change is healthy." She commented and I eyed her. "Okay, I get it. You haven't had the best friendship with change, but it is good every once in a while. I mean, you came from Detroit to KC, that's change, yeah?"

"Yeah."

"You got a job at one of the biggest architecture firms in the city, which you absolutely love, and got accepted into your dream program. That's change, yeah?"

"Y-yeah." Damnit, I knew where she was going with this.

"Meeting some other people should come with that. It's natural. I'm not saying go marry the guy, but you need to live a little. Not all guys are the same, you know?" She said and I held back a strong laugh.