That's my niece.

I looked at her mum, then back at Hazel. Josie had the sweetest smile on her face, and an expression of absolute pride. Happiness, and all sorts of emotions in general, showed quickly on her. She didn't know how to hide them. If something was wrong, anyone could immediately tell; but this, was something special. It was for both Hazel and me. The me, who I knew I could be; but now it was the me that they knew I could be. 

"You can do anything you want to do, my little Hazelnut. Anything." I held back tears, that I had no idea had formed.

I rarely cried. When I did, it was when I realised my life was practically hitting rock bottom — and when I felt like I was completely alone; or it was after my panic attacks. Since Josie and Hazel happened, the tears, were minimal to none. It wasn't until they came along in my life, that I realised you can cry when you're happy.

"Woah, what's all the commotion about?" A man spoke, walking in the room. I pulled away from my hug and turned around to see a pair of green eyes that seemed quite familiar.

"We meet again." The stranger, who I assumed wouldn't be so in just minutes, smiled, widely. His teeth were perfect and white as could be. One would almost tell that they were fake — maybe they were. His hair from the last time I saw him, was a bit longer, but now it was short. It still looked good. He seemed like the type of person that absolutely anything and everything would work for them.

"Well, in retrospect, partially so." I agreed, trying to mimic his exact expression, but failing. I knew how to talk to people, but apparently not to completely attractive men. 

"That is true; and you must be?" He chuckled.

"That's my Auntie Céline, she got accepted to be a doctor in art-ecture." I chuckled at the little, yet very enthusiastic, voice of my niece.

"Doctor in art?" The doctor questioned. I mean, assuming him to be a doctor, based on the professional white coat he was wearing.

"I got into KU to get my Ph.D. in architecture." I explained.

"A doctoral degree, impressive." He spoke, seeming completely genuine; but somehow, I wasn't buying that. It was unfortunate that I was the type of person that assumed the worst in people. Josie noticed that and has started to change that, but when it came to men, I still felt that nothing was genuine. I knew that there were real men out there, but I had no idea where they existed. Maybe this mystery man was one of them; or maybe not.

Nonetheless, yes he was a doctor, but a doctoral degree in any type of field, is always impressive. That's not even limiting to a simple college diploma. Education is education. Knowledge is knowledge. Learning anything, is food for the brain. No human is born stupid, it is our actions and decisions that decide on which route they want to go down; and the route that proves our success, or failure. 

"She's also single." Josie suddenly spoke up, and my eyes widened, as I turned around immediately glaring at her. I think this was a time where I understood true sibling meddling — it was incredibly annoying.

"Um, sorry, I didn't catch your name." I ignored her irrelevant fact, attempting to move on from the subject.

"You're right. I'm James Copeland, Hazel's oncologist. You can call me Jamie though." He said, lifting his arm, so I could shake it — in which I did. I never declined a handshake. To me, it was one of the most important simple gestures that could define their personality. I don't want to say that it's the only way to figure out what their character was, but it's a quick physical test. His — was strong.

"It's funny how you two haven't met already. I mean, she's here almost all week." Josie spoke. Oh yeah, very funny, big Sis. 

"That won't be necessary, Dr. Copeland." I showed a pushed smile. Payback sister.