Once I handed them back to him and carried on my own path. I walked into a room and saw wide smiles from my two favourite people.

"Aunt Cece! You came!" The little girl, laying on the bed spoke, her brown eyes widening as soon as she saw me. Even with her tiny body and lack of hair, she was absolutely beautiful. Her tone was soft, but she had a big voice.

"Of course I did!" I unzipped my coat, sliding it down the length of my arms, and laying it on the edge of the motorized bed. I opened my arms to give a hug to my niece.

"Hi Céline, you came." My sister showed a small smile, who sat on a chair next to my niece.

Josephine, my considerably new-found sister and her daughter Hazel, have been the light of my life for my past year. Ever since Josie reached out to me — in which she basically searched for months — we've been inseparable. She's my older sister, by blood that is. Twenty-three years of my life I had no one beside me, not a soul. I had no idea I had a sister until she came along.

Having to jump around from one foster home to another, almost every year was absolute hell for me. It's not that I wanted to, I was forced out of them — in many ways, it was for good reasoning. I never made friends in school, mainly because I never wanted to even try. In the beginning I would, but then I grew attached, and it made things worse when I was pulled away from the only people I started to care for.

To my knowledge, I was told that my parents both died in a car crash just a few months after I was born, and was immediately taken into the care system; but wasn't put on the adoption list. Somehow, no one thought I was good enough to have a decent family — at least, that's what I thought anyway.

The foster care system is one of the most corrupt things on the planet. Sure there are some good families here and there, but to my wonderful luck — note the sarcasm — I was never placed into a decent home. Josie was though. Eventually, she even got adopted by the family she was with. I don't resent her or feel any type of jealousy towards her. Things happen in life and some just manage to have a fate that is just meant for you; and only you. I wasn't included in that list, except, I thought I wasn't. 

As soon as I hit the eighteen mark, I was free from the system. I had the freedom to do what I wanted in life and chase after my goals. I never shared what I had in my mind to anyone. I didn't trust a soul, because no one was worth trusting. That is, up until Josephine and Hazel came along.

When she first knocked on my small apartment door, I practically threw her out. I mean, what would you expect from someone to just randomly say that they are your blood-related relative? She said that I was a bit crazy of how I reacted, but then again, she understood why I did such a thing. After a few more tries, I gave her the benefit of the doubt, and finally decided to listen to what she had to say. It turned out that it was true about our parents and how they died. For the longest time, I thought that the system was lying to me, and that my own flesh and blood just threw me in the streets because I was some sort of mistake. After hearing so many stories, you tend to not believe a single thing anymore. According to her, we were staying at their close friends' home, whilst our parents were out of town for a business meeting. Of course they couldn't take a five year and six month old daughter with them. Then the unfortunate accident happened.

Sometime after, we were put into the system and were separated. The information that she was my sibling, was somehow removed from my own personal history. I didn't know much about myself for the longest time, all I really knew was what they told me. My full name is Céline Alice Prescott, my parents are deceased, and I was born on April 17th in the year, 1996. There wasn't really anything else, which was just peachy. Why is there an acute accent in my name? I will never know. My personal opinion though, it makes me feel like a French woman. It was possible that our parents had a French background. I mean, they named their children, Josephine and Céline.