This suspense is killing me. My leg began patting quickly in anticipation.

His thumb traced imaginary circles on my hand calming me down immediately allowing me to drown in his touch.

"Okay, we're here don't open your eyes I'll be right there." His hand left mine and I was left to my other senses before he opened the door and helped me out.

I felt a chill breeze his my bare arms making me shiver slightly.

It's summer!

Stupid weather.

He chuckled before placing something warm on me. Blanket. A blanket.

He guided me somewhere and helped me sit from what I could feel it was a pillow of the ground.

"Okay open you eyes."

I did as he asked of me and what I saw was non other than the lake, the one that I used to frequent. In front of me was a whole picnic. In one of those fancy baskets you see in movies and the red and white checkered blanket. The light of the setting sun created a beautiful reflection on the lake. Fireflies beginning to turn up making the sight even more beautiful. The trees surrounding us making it seem romantic as it we lived in our very own world. And sitting just in front of me was the only person who would ever come up with a date like this.

"So?" He asked.

"It's wonderful. I love it. It's so... you." I smiled as he sighed feeling the weight lift off his shoulders.

"Well then let's begin." He said awkwardly opening the basket and a feeling of panic washed over me.

"Wait! Do didn't cook that did you!?" I asked loudly.

Last time he tried to cook... well it wasn't pretty.

"No. You'd have smelt it otherwise. I had some help." He shrugged ominously.

"The whole neighborhood would have smelt it." I joked.

He laughed and we began to eat talking and laughing together.

But it wasn't until we sat in front of the lake, the sun had gone down and the fireflies roamed free lighting up our light dark blue sky, that I realized something. His hand held mine and we sat really close looking off into the lake as I heard him tell me stories of himself and his part that I realized... I love him.

I don't know how that's possible but I do. Being with him fills me with this undeniable joy and fulfilling feeling.

"I did some research on this lake." His words snapped me out of my thoughts, "Apparently it's called amor in stagno Latin for Love's Lake. They call it that because of the reserved private tree patterns. They say that a princess from the old kingdom would use the hidden lake to meet the one and only love of her life. She loved a man, her servant, which was totally taboo at the time so one day the man gave her a note telling her to meet right here. It was the day before she was to be wed. She did as the note told her and met him here. She cried with him upset that she was to marry one which she did not love. But he, feeling immense love for her decided he'd always be with her in heart and soul. They made love somewhere which landed in her being pregnant. Everyone thought it was her husband's since they married the day after. But her husband was sterile, couldn't have kids. So despite their separation, their love lived within that child. The lake of love was named to honor their story." He was looking at the lake with a look o can't decipher on his face.

"That's beautiful." I said, internally begging for him to look at me.

"Ethan, I wanna tell you something. I don't want you to freak out or anything of be weirded out or something. Promise?" He looked at me with pleading eyes.

"I promise." His eyes turned back to that unknown emotion.

"I... I love you. I know it may be too soon but something inside me I feel has been building this feeling since I first laid eyes on you. It sounds ridiculous but-" I cut him off placing a gentle kiss on his lips.

"I love you too. I mean it." I said.

His lips met mine again in a soft and gentle kiss that showed all of our love and feeling a that we've kept hidden away for so long. He pushed me so I was lying on the grass and he was straddling my hips as the kiss began to pick up speed.

I put my arms around his neck and pulled him closer as his hands came in contact with my face sending a whirlwind of tingles across me face.

He pulled away weekly calming himself down. He laughed lightly.

"We should head back." He whispered gently.

"Yeah. You're right." He got up helping me as well.

Best. Date. Ever.

...::::...::::...::::...::::...

Hey... hehe... umm... so... I can explain see the thing is, you know the issue is, so you see what happened was... And yeah that's what happened. So I was reading this book here on Wattpad and it was like, the updates are going to be excruciatingly slow so read at your own risk and I was like okay I can deal with that, no I can't I can't do that I can't deal with slow updates and then I realized I'm doing just the same freaking thing so I posted this or I will on Friday cuz it's Tuesday right now but yeah...

September 25, 2018