Chapter 12

Ethan's P.O.V

I get a bit sidetracked with my friends. As I'm sure happens a lot I just never notice. So I was trying to get as much work in as I could since I lost about an hour and a half Jax's house. I mean I'm sure Mrs. Miller isn't mad but still, I feel bad. Ha that rhymes. So there was a point during work when Mrs. Miller asked me to get her son and there it was. A horrific sight. Alex sat on the bed shirtless and some girl, I dont know who was there, her short and bra off. It was horrible. I never want to see that ever again. But I'm not sure if by that I meant Alex and some girl or boobs. Maybe both. I dunno. I do however know that the sight wasn't pleasant.

I woke up, my breathing was unsteady and I felt a wave of utter disgust wash over my entire being. I cringed, internally as well as externally. Why am i dreaming about this? When did I even fall asleep?

I got out of my bed and when straight to the bathroom. I washed my face and as soon as I saw my face in the mirror I knew this wouldn't be a good day. I brushed my teeth and undressed before getting in the shower. Did I take a shower last night? I dunno, I'll take a shower anyway. I got out and got dressed before heading to the kitchen to see my mum was sitting in the dinning table, a phone in her hand and an unknown look on her face, maybe of sadness or a debated between that and fear.

"Oh, hi hun, you're up. Umm... I-I need to talk to you. Umm... we-we need to take a day off from job and school today. Ugh... I got a call from your father and his... he wants to get an official divorce so he can marry her. So we have to go see him to make things official." At the sound of that sentence I realized she'd been crying.

Not only because her eyes began tearing up as she spoke but because I'd started crying too. I'm just not sure we're crying about the same thing. I dont wanna see him, I dont want her to see him. He-he's gonna mess everything up. He's gonna tell her! He can't do that! He can remarry my ass for all I care but he just can't get near my mum anymore. I should never have told him anything!

"Ethan, are you listening hunny?" I looked back to my mum, she was blurry so I let loose the tears that pulled at my eyes.

"Yes mum. I'm listening." I paid close attention to all she said.

"So im sorry to tell you but you need to wear some formal clothes. We leave when we're both ready. Don't cry baby. It's okay. Everything will be fine." My mum hugged me and and I hugged her as if I'd never get the chance to again.

Which is a possibility.

I let go of her and went up to put on a suit and then did my hair and other important things like washing the tears from my face, which didn't work out to sell seeing as upon seeing my refelection I cried again. I hate this. I hate that after her left us our life still revolves around the man. I hate this. I hate him. My own father.

My mum walked into the living room in a fancy lawyer dress looking defeated.

"Ready to go?" She put her hand on my shoulder and I nodded.

We left the house as the air touched my face, the tears poured out again. I looked up and to the side and saw Alex in his car looking right at me. He just saw me cry. I looked away and to the floor again embarrassed my the whole ordeal. I got in the car and looked out the window in time to see Alex drive off to school.

I sighed.

Why do we have to see him. Right now, when things are getting better. My mum drove off and I just put on my ear buds and listened to music. You know how when you're feeling sad, you listen to sad or at least quite music? Well I spend the entire car ride listening to slow songs by Troye Sivan.