Chapter 3: They meet on a Thursday

Ethan's P.O.V

I've been working in the main house for three days, not counting today. It's Thursday meaning it's almost time to go back to school, sadly spring break is only one week. I've basically done the same thing everyday, I don't see Mr. Miller much since he works a lot, Mrs. Miller I see everyday, she always talks to me about random subject before she goes off to work as well; she's a really great person, Suset and Amber are really smart, and nice little girls, and Alex, I've never seen him, I've literally been working here for four days and I still haven't seen him, not once. I've actually started to wonder what Alex even looks like. Since his mom and dad and sisters have brown hair I guess he has brown hair too. I found out from my mom that before we leave everyday she always talks to Alex, I guess that kind of behavior is why everyone here loves her so much. Also as far as I know everyone here is really nice. Right now I'm currently helping with laundry I'm the one who puts the clothes in the washer and the dryer and then my mom folds them and puts them where they belong, since she knows that stuff. It's late now and I can't take the clothes out of the dryer because my mom went to the store and it's almost time for them to go to sleep. Suddenly I hear the door to the living room open then close. I jump at the loud bang the door makes. I walk quietly to the living room and see a figure laying face down on the couch. Well that's clearly not my mom.

"Umm... Hello?" The figure looked up at me.

I was greeted by bright green eyes and cascading brown hair. Funny, when I pictured Alex Miller I thought he'd have brown hair and green eyes but I didn't expect them to compliment one another so well.

"Hi." He produced an overwhelmingly bright smile that sent shivers down my spine, "You're Ethan right?" He sat up on the couch.

"Yeah." He looked straight at me and my heart sped up just slightly.

"I'm Alex nice to meet you." He got up and extended his hand to me.

I took it and we shook hands. As we did I felt tingles run up my arm.

"So umm... are you alright?"

"Wha- Oh, oh yeah, I'm good." He said, confusing himself a little.

"Okay then... I umm... have to go... work now. " For some unusual reason I can't keep eye contact with the boy in front of me.

Why am I so nervous? I can hardly control my breathing. It's as if something else were in control of what I do and feel and not me.

"You look a lot like Dianna." I looked up, and he just smiled, why is he smiling and why is that making my heart beat even faster?

"Well I guess that's what you'd expect from her child, no." He smiled and laughed a bit, a laugh that sent chills though my body.

"Yeah, you would."

"Well umm... I really have to go now." I started walking back to the laundry room.

When I got to the laundry room a huge smile broke out in my face. A smile I couldn't quite explain. I felt like something was on my chest pressing down on my body my whole life and now, I feel ten times lighter than I was.

Alex's P.O.V

I spend most of my day at my friend Bethany's house and I'm exhausted as I'm driving back home. I turn on my music, because if I don't I'll end up falling asleep. I parked the car and walked to the front door unlocking it and opening it. I closed the door behind me and laid down on the couch, face first.

"Umm... Hello?" I heard a beautiful yet unfamiliar voice say.

I looked up to the voice, and you bet I did I like what I was seeing.