Chapter 8

Ethan's P.O.V

When we arrived at the desired location, I can speak for everyone when I say we're left awestruck. We had been walking for a long time when Beth and Alex suddenly stopped and we all looked up to see an amazing sight. It was a cleared off area of the woods. The trees were high up as moss came down in a beautiful way. I never thought acidic plants could look so amazing.

"We don't have a lake but when we were kids her mum and dad used to bring us here and we had picnics, played tag, and tried to find out who can climb the trees faster." I looked up at the trees and gulped.

The trees are high... really high.

Did I ever mention I'm afraid of heights?

No...

Okay then...

I'm afraid of heights.

"Yeah, Alex always beat me though. Fricking jerk." Bethany crossed her arms over her chest and pouted.

We all laughed over the childish reaction over a childish debacle.

"We should do the tree climbing race!" Megan jumped up and down joyfully.

I can't do that nope, no thank you.

"Yeah, it's really fun." Bethany began to nod.

"Okay then we're doing it." Jax shrugged nonchalantly.

"I-I don't think that's a good idea." I laughed awkwardly.

"Oh, right. I still think you should do it since it'll make it easier on all of us." I laughed sarcastically.

"Yeah, right. I can't even climb on a chair without shaking in fear. I can't do this."

"I'll help you." I looked to Alex who smiled reassuringly, "If I see you fall I'll help you to... not fall." He smiled wider.

"Fine. I'll do it." I groaned.

"Come on let's go." He grabbed my hand and we ran towards one of the trees.

An electrifying shock passed through my entire body making my body jolt onward towards the tree.

I don't know what it was but something acted upon me and I was climbing that tree like my life depended on it. Despite the horrible anxiety I felt, something I can only describe as adrenaline moved me upwards. How am I supposed to get down from here? Next thing I knew I was at the top of the tree. Normally heights are... terrifying, however I looked around and saw all the tree tops. I also saw a rain cloud heading our way.

Crap.

"Ugh, I think we need to get down now!" I tried to speak without looking down.

"Why?" Jax shouted from below.

"There's rain coming!" They spread the news around to everyone and we all began to go down.

Before Jax, Alex, and I could get down rain began raining really bad.

"Guys, hurry up!" Beth shouted up at us.

We went fast, well they did, I can't go too fast or I'll die of fear. Once we were all on the ground, safely if I may add we were all drenched in rain water. Reminds me of when we were kids and we used to go outside in the rain for no reason and plush water on each other after diligently collecting in on our hands.

I froze.

Megan had splashed me with water and I felt it, cold, just as I remembered. Sooner or later we were all just randomly splashing each other with water.

...::::...::::...

"Okay, we should probably head back now." We all stopped from out water fight to look at Beth.

"Yeah, you're right. My mum is probably gonna kill me when I get to the house." I sighed.

"You're right. She will."

"Wow, way to make me feel better Meg."

"Hey, she'll kill us too."

"Point taken."

We began heading toward the house trudging in wet clothes through the rain. Upon arrival at said house Alex and Beth went to change into clean clothes in Alex's house whilst the rest of us did so in mine. We agreed to meet back here to watch Supernatural again. Honestly I still can't believe that I've been hanging out with my boss' son. He's really cool and fun to hang around with though and so is Bethany, she's so much like Megan in many aspects.

There was a light knock on the door to which I answer.

"Hey." Alex smiled at me.

"Hi." I smiled back. "Ugh... where's Beth?"

"She'll be here soon, she's still getting ready."

"Oh okay, that's great."

....:::::....:::::....:::::....

Next chapter things are getting good good, sorry for the short filler again, but next chapter will have a shit ton of drama and problems. I'm really excited about what's to came I've been planning this for so long. I'm really excited about this, anyway I hope you enjoyed despite it being the shortest chapter in the book for now and probably ever.

February 17, 2017