Chapter 21

Ethan's P.O.V

Wednesday came by fast, up until now Andy has been acting really nice towards me. He's been coming to get me from my house to school, He's been walking me to my classes, and just being nice overall. I mean he has always been nice it's just recently he's gotten to doing extra little things and when we told everyone that he and I would be going to the dance together you can imagine how Meg got. Jax was happy also, I guess, he was like, 'well it's about damn time' then he sat down in his chair. I'm not sure what was about time but I just passed it off as regular Jax behavior.

"Ethan hurry up you're date is here!" We live in a one story house and she thinks she should scream?

Wait, he's here?

I quickly pulled my hair up as it should and rushed to put my shoes on. When I finished I ran down the hall to see Andy with my mum... talking. Oh no what did she say?

"Hey, mum what-what are you talking about?" My eyes moved from my mum to Andy like three times.

"Umm... nothing much..." Suspicious.

"Okay." I said dragging out the 'a.'

With that being said my mum snapped a few pictures and went on our way

..:::..:::..:::..

"You guys are so cute together!" Meg shrieked and hugged us tightly.

"Can you not. Let's just go inside." I saod hoping the darkness from the room help me hide the blush on my face.

She nodded and we walked inside. We walked in after her with Jax after us.

The gym was beautifully decorated fake grass coated the floor, a whispy light filled the ceiling making the clouds visible, the walls lined with a detailed paining of a field of roses. The art club and National Honor Society did a great decorationg job.

"It's beautiful. Great job, Jax." Mag said.

"Thanks."

"I still can't believe the school year is almost over." I said.

"I can't believe they're cutting the end of year exams so close to the end of the year." Meg complained.

"Yeah, but what can ya do."

"True. Come on let's get food." She grabbed my arm and began to pull me and I instinctively reached for Andy's hand.

We ended up at the food stand watching as Meg stuffed her face with pizza and cupcakes. Andy and I still holding hands, I feel a little embarrassed but I ignored it and just went with it.

"Ooh, come on I love this song." Meg pulled us to the dance floor.

The only part of of the room that doesn't have fake grass.

Meg joined in on the grind line that has already been formed. I didn't really know what to do, I don't dance so I kinda just stood awkwardly in place waiting for something, I'm not sure what, but I did. When the song ended a slow song came up.

"May I?" Andy held his hand out and I felt myself blush.

"I-I can't dance." I whispered.

"Just follow my lead." I grabbed his hand and tried as best as I could to follow his feet.

I looked down at our feet seeing as they moved right, left. He guided us into a dance. When I caught the hang of it I looked up at him and he smiled at me.

"That's wasn't so hard was it?" I blushed.

When the song ended Meg came up and she practically shrieked.

"You guys are so cute. I'm actually gonna die." She jumped up and down.

..:::..:::..:::..

The day ended with a lot of dancing a lot of sugar and I'm about 90% sure there was a little alcohol in that punch bowl so we avoided that. We all know what happened last time we injested alcohol so when people began to take their clothes off we left. Megan insisted that it would be the most interesting part of the night, no one argued that but we all knew nothing good would come from it.

"I'll see you at school." Andy walked me to my door to see me off.

"Ethan, can-can I ask you something?" He started to fidget around with the sleeve of his shirt a sign that he's nervous.

"Yeah? What's up?" He rubbed the back of his neck shyly.

Adorable.

Wait what?

"Will you go on a date with me?" I felt a smile come to my face.

"Yeah. I will." I nodded smiling.

I'm not sure what lead up to what happened next but I know I didn't not like it. Andy and I kissed.

When our lips departed a deep blush coated his cheeks I'm sure I was no better but still he looked undeniably adorable.

"Well umm... I'll see you at school." He smiled and walked away.

I walked in the door only to be greeted by my mother who sat on the couch with her 'we need to talk look.' I really hope it's not about anything that went on outside.

"What's wrong mum?" I sat on the couch that faces the wall beside her.

"I got a call today. I got the job. The job at that law office. I got it."

"What really?" I smiled joyously and then she smiled with just as much maybe even more joy.

"I got the job. Which means, I'm gonna have to quit this job and were gonna have to move closer. I also got my first case so this has to be a quick move. It has to be fast." I was smiling but inside something in me felt something else... something bad.

I'm not sure what the feeling was but the excitement was enough to crumple it all, for a little while at least.

"What's the case?" I asked, curiosity getting the better of me.

"I'm not allowed to get into detail but there's this boy and his brother whose bus crashed one lost him memory and there's evidence that shows that the driver was be the influence of alcohol. There were deaths so it could mean years in prison." That's horrible.

What a horrible thing to happen.

"Wow. Poor people. That must suck. Wait like a total memory loss?" She nodded.

"We'll need to start packing tomorrow morning. I'll file our resignations tomorrow afternoon." I nodded.

The feeling returning at hearing that final sentence. The feeling was like my heart was being squeezed slightly. I can't really put my finger on the reason though.

"Okay. I'm gonna get ready for bed then. I'm happy for you." I hugged my mum goodbye and for some reason when I was away from her my smile faltered.

I'm not sure why but I have a feeling at has something to do with the heart squeeze feeling. I shook it off and just went to shower and then to sleep.

....:::::....:::::....:::::....

Okay so, Dianna got the job and now they're moving... fine, so what if I joined my stories together. I thought it'd be fun. I've wanted to do it for a long time I just didn't know how. I did now though, it's her first case back. Yay! Anyways if you need background information on the boy who lost him memory it's from my book called, Crash and Burn like my heart. It's a long title I was gonna make it Crash and Burn but I was told there was a movie called that so... anyways I hope you liked it. By the way guess who's officially a High school student. Me. That's who. I'm on my way there now actually, second day of school. Big campus, great teachers. I'm taking a creative writing class so hopefully I'll get better. Anyways bye now... for real now.

August 11, 2017