Chapter 5: Malls and Coffee shops

Ethan's P.O.V

My eyes opened as my alarm blared loudly in the bedside table next to me. I turned off the obnoxious alarm and got out of bed. I walked over to my closet and grabbed my uniform. I sighed and went over to the bathroom to get ready. After an extended shower I immediately begin to dry myself since I took a bit longer than I should've in the shower. I got dressed as quickly as I could and I walked out with my hair damp and undone. I didn't have time to do it at all. It's just wet and covering some of my face. I walked into the familiar large house and began to find my way into the girl's rooms to fix their beds. I swear I have no idea how their little bodies can move around so much as they sleep to cause their beds to turn into one huge... lump of... I don't even know anymore. After fixing the hot pink and lavender comforters I walked across the hall to Alex's room. I knocked lightly on the door,

Silence.

Per usual it was likely that he wasn't in there anymore. As soon as I walked in the sound of running I water caused my to freeze. Is he in the shower? I really hope he took his clothes with him. I looked over to him bed to see clothes neatly folded on his bed. Oh crap. No. No. No. Instead to panicking for an hour I decided that I should probably hurry before he comes out of the shower. I rushed and tried to finish as fast as possible but I didn't notice when the shower tuned off until Alex was right behind me and I could practically feel the steam coming from his body after the extremely hot shower he just came out of. The familiar scent of sandalwood and shampoo hit my nose and I was in. The scent has yet to be this strong, it attacked my senses and killed any previous thoughts I had prior to the encounter. Snapping out of-what appeared to be- a trance I turned around to see Alex in nothing but a towel around his... area. There are no words to describe what I'm feeling right now but the closest thing I could think of is... embarrassed. I don't really know why, he should be the embarrassed one, so why am I?

"Excuse me." I knitted my eyebrows and tilted my head in confusion.

Then I realized I was in the way of him and his clothes. If I was embarrassed before I don't know what I am now.

"Sorry." I moved out of the way just as a heavy blush took over my face.

I was internally hyperventilating. I don't known how much longer I can stay in here so I walked to the door as fast as I could still attempting to hide the blush that remains in my face. I rushed to the kitchen to help my mom with breakfast.

"Hi, mom." She smiled widely.

"Hey, buttercup."

"Buttercup?"

"Sorry, never again." She shook her head and I bit my lip holding back a laugh.

Her face was overcome with joy when I couldn't hold back my laugh anymore. Her eyes shone the bright blue they did before dad left.

I want her to always be this happy, always. I don't care what I have to do.

"You need any help mom?" I smiled, a sincere smile.

"Yeah, could you set the table maybe?"

"Sure." I got to work setting the table and helping my mom with anything else concerning breakfast.

"Mom, you think maybe I could make lunch today?" I looked to her shyly through my hair.

"Yeah, sure, I'm sure they'd love your food." She smiled brightly at me.

"Really?"

"Yeah, after you cooked for them the first time, I was getting all sorts of praise, until I explained it was you who made the food. Then I was told you should cook more often. They all appear to love your food!"