The Witch

"Sorry!" You said as you crashed into a tall man in your rush to meet your friends.

"It's quite alright." He said kindly and helped you get you bag and the few things that had rolled from it.

You touched his hand and something sparked in your head. A flash of blood and a feeling of pain. You didn't know what it was but you were never strong enough to pick up on much so you cautiously thanked him and hurried away.

You met him in the same manner several times, dotted about the place so when he politely offered to take you out for dinner you accepted and the two of you talked until closing time. He peaked your curiosity and was the topic of many coven meetings.

"I had a wonderful evening." He said and smiled when you nodded, seeming to enjoy the warm evening air.

"I did too. You're fun when you aren't being run into." You joked and he chuckled, politely kissing your hand as you reached his door. Another flash ran through you but this time you saw a women, more blood and a man who seemed to have an aura of fear.

"Goodnight (Y/N)." Elijah said as he watched to make sure you got home. You smiled and hesitated for a moment, trying to put your finger on what was wrong but decided the coven would know better.

"Goodnight Elijah." You said softly before hurrying up to your apartment.

******************************************

"I keep seeing it when we touch." You admitted to the other witches that were sat around you. One of them tutted when she realised tourists were taking photos of you using magic to stir your straw. "It's worse now he's come back from wherever he vanished off too. There's more people in the visions."

"Will you pay attention to what you're doing. One mysterious vampire shouldn't be a reason to get us exposed." She said and you nodded, settling your hands on the table.

"He shouldn't be mysterious anymore. You've been dating so long." Another popped up and a few more agreed.

"Yeah. Any vampire would know to at least give even a little of their past if they're dating a witch. You don't know who could be coming after you." Your closest friend smiled kindly as she spoke, a sisterly warmth following with her words.

"I just wish I could see what he was thinking or... or you know see more of these visions and understand them. I wish he would just tell me. But honestly I don't think he even knows himself." You admitted and watched them give you a sympathetic look as you sunk into your seat.

"If only your magic was a little better. We could always let you channel us a little. That could help." You didn't pay attention to who had spoken and eventually a little vile was placed in front of you.

"Drink that and it should help." She grinned when you frowned but reluctantly downed the drink.

*********************************

You shot up as you woke. You hadn't meant to pry so deeply into Elijah's mind. It wasn't even as if you'd been aware you it. As if you hadn't even had a choice. The magic took its affect and you found yourself winering through his mind.

"(Y/N)?" Elijah asked sleepily as if he hadn't known you'd been lurking in his head moments before.

What had pushed you out of the spell. Something that hurt. It set a fear into you and you'd fight so hard to wake. Now you were you couldn't think of what it was. "I'm fine Elijah." You whispered and lay back down.

When you tried to sleep you saw flashes of a women, a child, people that all seemed to know and love Elijah.

"Elijah... are you sure you remember nothing about your past?" You asked quietly.

Elijah tensed and didn't look at you for a moment before frowning. "Why do you ask?" He asked quickly. You didn't know what to say and moved awkwardly on the bed. "I know what you have seen."

"You're not furiously angry?" You asked and wondered why a vampire who gave of such a powerful aura didn't once lose his temper.

"I would have prefered if you asked. However I didn't give you much choice. In hiding who I am you had to look, to protect yourself and your coven. I understand." He said slowly before sighing and looking at you as you mulled over what he said.

"Are you in love with someone else?" You asked and Elijah winced.

"I was. Perhaps deep down I still am but that feeling is nothing compared to the love I have for you now. There is no where I would rather be than here and even my past cannot keep us apart for long." He smiled when you looked a little relieved and kissed him softly.