Liquor spiked drink - December 2021

You smiled as you approached Elijah. He was still recovering from recusing Klaus from a group of hunters who seemed rather skilled at hunting vampires, so much so, that they had almost caught Klaus.

He was attempting to clean blood off the sleeve of his christmas shirt that Rebekah had given him early to wear for the day. She wanted a colour scheme going. You held out a cup of cold water and a napkin for him.

"Thank you." He said as he took it from you.

"I couldn't find anything else and Freya is still pulling that spiky thing out of Klaus." You explained. Elijah sighed and shook his head.

"I suppose one nice evening is too much for Klaus." Elijah muttered as he dipped the napkin on the cold water and dabbed at his sleeve.

"You know this time it really wasn't Klaus' fault! Those hunters were really going for him. Freya had to hide us in a cupboard with Hope and spell the door so they wouldn't search it. They were looking for some sort of wooden knife? I think. I was trying to keep Hope quiet so I didn't really pay attention." You stopped talking and looked up at the stairs as a scream from Klaus echoed out across the landing.

"Well. I suppose it wasn't his fault." Elijah grumbled. He shot you a look when you giggled out a low laugh.

"You know. You're just grumpy because you ruined your new shirt." You said with a grin on your face. There was one more shout and a lot of rushed words from Freya. Rebekah hurried across the landing in a blur and went back the other way with an armful of towels. Then, beside some soft rhythmic chanting from Freya being faintly heard, everything was quiet again.

"Is there anything else you need between now and the next catastrophe?" You asked Elijah who smiled.

"Need a spiked hot chocolate in my hand." Elijah half joked as he got up. The stain was mostly gone but you could still see it faintly.

"You know I think that Freya was brewing something up." You muttered and hurried off. You returned with a steaming cup of hot chocolate. "I would sip it. It's pretty strong. She was making it when Klaus yelled at her and she decided to just add the whole bottle of liquor." You explained. Elijah chuckled and thanked you as he took the cup and sipped at the drink.