The Gentleman (Part Two)

When Elijah said he'd see you around the Quarter he hadn't been kidding. You practically saw him every day and your awkward passing's in the streets turned to time spent together, your daughter grew fonder of Elijah every time she saw him. Everything had been going fine until Elijah made an offer. For the three of you to be together as a family.

"But what about Daddy?" You daughter asked as you explained what Elijah had asked you.

"Well, Daddy he... we don't talk to... I." You stuttered, it had been the first time she'd even asked about her father.

"Elijah what about my daddy?" She asked as he came to say goodnight to her.

He stuttered the same as you, unsure what he should say, and how what he had to say would affect (Y/D/N). The two of you managed to convince her to go to sleep but she continued to ask the question.

"How about I tell you a bed time story?" Rebekah hummed and you daughter squealed happily.

"Auntie Becca!" She grinned and hugged onto Rebekah as she sat on her bed.

"Let's see, a long time ago before you were born your parents met and fell madly in love... but they weren't supposed to be in love with each other so your daddy went on an adventure to find the right person and you moved here with your Mommy and she found Elijah." She smiled down at your daughter who looked up at her thoughtfully.

"Is Elijah the right person for Mommy?" She asked quietly.

"Do you think he is?" Rebekah asked quickly.

"Yes, because I love Elijah to." She decided and lay down so Rebekah could tuck her up and kiss her forehead.