Three Words, Eight Letters

I loved watching Blair and Chuck getting married. Get ready for a multitude of chapters of happy endings.

Less than an hour after Chuck had to say his goodbye to me the police showed up to question us. To say they were less than pleasant would be an understatement.

"I'm going to ask you again Ms. Bass do you know where your brother is?"

"Like I've said I've been an accident and the rest of the night has been spent in this hospital." Carter rubs my back trying to keep me calm.

"Do you know what happened tonight ma'am?"

"No, again I was in a car accident."

"Are you sure your brother didn't visit you?"

"Why don't you tell me why you're really here officer?"

"There seems to have been an accident tonight at your father's event. He was found dead from an apparent fall from the top of the roof." I kept a natural face as I continue to endure the officer's questions. "You don't seem affected by this news. Do you know something you would like to share with us?"

"If you knew how cold my father was and him already faking his death once you would understand why hearing that he is dead does not affect me as it once did. Now if you don't have any other questions we would like some time to rest." I show the officer the door and cuddle back up with Carter.

__________________________________

The next day we were released from the hospital and thanked everyone who cared for us. I was grabbing our belongings when Lily comes through the door.

"Lily? I didn't know you were back." We hug each other and I can see she's been crying.

"Oh, Ella when I heard about what happened to Bart they told me about you being in an accident and I had that feeling of when I first saw you in the hospital and me..."

"Lily, it's okay. I'm fine the baby is fine. Everyone is okay."

"Well, that's all that matters. Now we have to go."

"Where are we going?" Carter asks putting his coat on and helping me into mine.

"I have a surprise for the both of you and a change of clothes and you need to get into now."

"What is going on Lily?"

"There is no time to explain." She hands us our clothes and we quickly change into a new dress and dress shirt and pants.

Lily had us pile into Arthur's car as he drove us to this surprise destination. "Lily, can you tell us know what's going on?"

"You will see soon enough." We get out to none other than the MET. Lily leads us inside to one of the exhibits. I didn't expect to see Chuck standing there with open arms I run to my brother after believing last night was the last time I would see him again.

"I thought you were gone forever!"

"Nothing could keep me away from you that long." Chuck kisses my temple.

"Man, what is going on?" Carter asks him as him and Lily catch up to us.

"After some consideration and how last night's events went Blair and I are getting married."

"What?" I don't know whether to be happy or concerned. I know they love each other but it's so rash.

"We want to be married and what a better time than now. We already have the license and we were going to go to city hall, but Blair deserves more than a shotgun wedding."