The Beginning of Love

Warning, here is part one of an emotional few chapters.

Charlie is being presented officially to New York Society and for that Lily is throwing a party in her honor. I've been under a lot of stress wondering how to deal with the whole Nate and me if there is even a us. I've been scrambling around to take most of my work in New York to avoid flying out of the country. Blair is still on the outs with Louis and their upcoming wedding is on hold and all the paparazzi in town are hounding us for information. I needed to take this time to clear my head and possibly talk to Nate about what is happening between us. I know it's my turn to wait for him, but he told me all of his feelings when I wasn't ready. Maybe it's time I do the same. Like Chuck says I need to fight for him and at least make him realize I'm not forgotten nor will I be.

I chose possible one of the most beautiful dresses I've ever worn to Charlie's party. I knew Nate would be there and I wanted to pull out all the stops not only for him but for me too. It's been so long since I've felt good about myself and this is a night where I can change that.

__________________________________
"Ella, you look absolutely stunning. This dress is amazing!" Lily can't stop gushing over me and I can't hide my smile hearing her reaction.

"Thank you, Lily

"Thank you, Lily. Charlie congratulations." I hug Charlie. "You look absolutely beautiful. Enjoy your night. It will be the time of your life."

"Thank you, again for coming. It means so much that you would come out to celebrate me."

"Charlie, hey." My heart stops hearing his voice. I try and calm myself down knowing I need to keep up the courage to talk to him.

"Nate, I didn't think you'd be here."

"Yeah, I can't stay. But listen I just wanna give you a heads-up. Max is here, and he just told me he's gonna try and sell his story to one of the reporters covering your party."

"Yeah, but it's all lies. You don't think anyone would believe him, right?"

"A story is a story, Charlie." I add and Nate finally looks at me and when he does he can't stop. It felt like no one else was in the room with us.

"Uh...uh...Yeah. Ella's right. True or false, it can take on a life of its own."

"Really, she wasn't at Dan's?" Serena walks up to us and I brush my hand against Nate's. He even holds it. "Okay, I'll find out where she is. I promise, Louis. Bye." Serena hangs up her phone. "Hey, have either of you seen Blair or Dan?"

"There's Dan." We watch as Dan leads Chuck to a secret room which incidentally has Blair inside.

"What's he doing?" Serena asks.

"Looks like he's helping Chuck and Blair finally be together."

"Would you guys excuse me? I'm gonna go have a drink." I don't understand why Serena is so upset.