What is Real and What is Fake?

I can't believe I'm almost done with season 5 and almost done with these books. I've loved writing them and throwing you all for a loop with my twist and turns. I want you all to know that this is not the end for Ella. As I've said before I will be making alternate ending books for Ella and whoever she doesn't end up with at the end of this book. Stay tuned for those announcements and enjoy this new chapter.

I don't even know what time it is anymore. Chuck and I've been in this room for hours trying to get answers from a man who we never thought we'd ever see again. I'm running on no sleep and little energy but somehow, I still find myself capable of asking the hard questions that need to be answered.

"So, the car accident was real." Chuck says to Bart is currently pouring himself a cup of tea.

"I was lucky to survive it. But it wasn't an accident. I'd been threatened."

"By who?" I ask and Bart finally turns to look at us.

"A very powerful competitor of mine. I had information on some transactions of his that could've put him away for a very long time. When his threats didn't work..."

"He had someone ram your limo with a truck?"

"Why didn't you got to police. You didn't have to fake your death for all..."

"Yes, I did." Bart interrupts me. "He made it quite clear that the both of you and Lily were fair game." He sets his cup down and comes close to us. "Ella, during your first time at fashion week I was alerted by my security that someone had tried to make an attack on you."

"I never heard of this not once."

"That's because I didn't want to worry you. I made sure that you had more security around you even if you didn't need them. I had to make sure you were safe."

"And you came to see me walk because..."

"I was proud of you but I also needed to see with my own eyes that my daughter was safe. Once I realized his threats weren't empty, the only way out was to make him believe he'd already won. Once I got to the hospital that night, I thought that would be my best chance."

"So, wait, you just paid some doctor to switch off the machines. And hope Lily was crying so much, she wouldn't notice you were actually still breathing? What did we bury in that coffin?" I hold Chuck's hand as we continue to deal with what's happened.

"Charles, Eloise, I am here with you two now, trying to explain."

"Explain how you left us with no family! We mourned for you and did everything to honor your memory despite you being one of the worst fathers in the history of time!" I get up and Bart tries to calm me down but I'm done with this shit.

"Ella, let me..."

"No! Do you know what we've been through since you've been in hiding? I've taken over your company and made it the best it's ever been. Chuck has made a name for himself in real estate and is running the Empire splendidly."

"And I'm so proud of all the work you've both done. I truly am. It's not like I planned any of it. I needed help. So, I contacted an old friend."

"Diana whore Payne." I say not even caring if he would get offended.

"In her line of work, she has a network of influential contacts throughout the world. She utilized them to keep me safe and hidden. She also kept me informed. When you both needed blood, we had to act fast. She snuck me back into the country so I could provide it for you two."

"Thank you for that. There's just so much we wanna know."

"Did you ever once think about how we're feeling with you gone?"