1

i walked over to my dressing table wearily, the sleep glueing my eyelids together. hastily, i rubbed over my eyes taking in the monstrosity that greeted me in the mirror. i groaned and began changing for the day.

my names alana mason, and i attend riverdale high. my best friend is midge klump and she's the closest friend i've ever had, we share everything and she's always by my side, and i'm the same with her. we are also pretty close with betty, archie, jug and ronnie but they're always going off and searching for the black hood.

he's plagued our school lives, people are being murdered around us, and nobody has the slightest clue who it could really be. i've tried to stay out of it, as well as midge, but sometimes it's very overwhelming. for example midge nearly got shot by him, luckily moose was there and unfortunately he took the hit. he was okay but it's still scary to think that he's out there.

i pushed these thought to the back of my mind, as i applied my daily makeup, which consisted of a very low coverage foundation and a pinky blush and eyeshadow to brighten my complexion, as it was already pretty clear. i scraped my hair back into a slick back pony, and curled the ends. my thick blonde hair cascaded prettily onto my shoulder.

"hurry up i want my breakfast!" my mom shouted up the stairs.

"every fucking morning" i heard martin grumble as he slumped lazily past my door.

oh yeah, did i mention that my mom wasn't really a mom and my dad died when i was born, leaving my mom desperate and basically picking up a randomer from the street? they were married a year after my dad died. you would have thought that i would have called martin dad, i mean i've never had one so why not? well, this is why;

he's a dick.

and he's made my mom an even worse one. they scream at me for no reason, make me do everything in the house. sometimes they drag me around, leaving painful bruises scattered on my arms. but i can't complain, i have a lovely home and i'm a lucky girl, also i mainly bring it upon myself.

i hurried down the stairs, seeing my mother slumped in her usual spot, wearing her never-washed robe that was looking rather crusty. i rolled my eyes as i popped in some bread, pulling it out when it sprung into the air and buttering it swiftly, i passed it to her and practically sprinted from the door.

i hopped onto my pale blue bike and sped off to school, plugging my headphones in and putting on my usual playlist which consisted of mainly p!atd.

i was already late so i quickly hurried into the gates and through the door, to be greeted by a huge snake, a southside serpent snake, sprayed over our school logo. it was covering the ground like a mark of territory.

i stared down in awe walking backwards, before heading to second period. hey i might as well be early to one lesson.

my mind wandered back to the serpent logo, i hope jug wasn't behind this, he gets enough stick as it is. his family were my getaway, my second family. i loved midge but her mother was a bit strange, and i'd always loved fp.

he was like my dad really, and he was always there for me, so i was always there for jughead.

speaking of the devil, he came swaggering down the hall towards me a few moments before the bell rang loudly, causing a swarm of people to buzz around the serpent that now decorated our floor.

one side was filled with black leather, and the other blue and gold letterman jackets.

oh my god, the serpents go here now. i'm such a dumb shit! of course they do! southside high was closed down just a few days ago, i guess they all transferred here to mess with the northsiders.

"this is ridiculous" i heard veronica snarl, but i don't think anybody took any notice.

"come on guys can't we all just get on, its our school now" i rolled my eyes as archie tried to become a peace maker.

i sauntered through the crowd, my leather jacket (without the serpent logo) contrasting in the sea of blue and gold. i stood by jughead, wearing his shiny leather serpent jacket.

"what's going on?" i whispered.

"they're just testing the boundaries" he chuckled looking from group to group.

i glanced over at the southside gang, they were all very intimidating, all dark, tall and intense.

one caught my eye, and apparently i caught his too, as he sent me a wink. i scoffed and rolled my eyes, however i felt my cheeks flush.