29: Extra

Warning: Strong Language Ahead.

--- --- ---

In shock, you freeze in place, trying to comprehend what you're seeing. All the meanwhile, your old friend just smiles back at you with the widest and cockiest grin riding up on his smug face.

"If you stare at me any longer, I might actually start blushing, (Y/N)!" M laughs harshly at you, brushing his lock of hair out of his eyes. You could see a little scar across his face from where you had slashed him months before.

An airy choke coughs out of you as you watch him lick his lips menacingly. "How the fuck are you... Why are you-"

"Why am I alive? That's because you didn't kill me, my dear (Y/N)!" M smiles down at you, "but I guess I'll see you in hell."

A painful scream immediately comes out of you as he thrusts his conceded weapon down at your side. You use all your strength to kick him off of you, rushing away from the dangerous man. Your breathing was becoming hard and staggered as you grip tightly onto your stomach to apply some sort of pressure on your open wound.

"Can't you just go back to being dead?" You pant out, drawing fresh blades out to defend yourself. "I don't have time to play with you right now!"

You swallow in a deep breath as you stare at the machine roaming aimlessly down the streets, continuing it's mad rampage and destruction to the next village over.

"That's a pretty heartless thing to say," M cries with hair raising shrills of laughter, bringing your attention back at your opponent just in time to dodge his bloody knife he lodged straight at you.  

"I can't let you destroy it now, (Y/N)! The Elysium is the only way for me to create a new perfect paradise!" He laughs.

"A perfect paradise? Elysium?" You ask confusingly.

Why does that sound so familiar? Where have you heard that before?

In a flash, M charges his way towards you with uncontrollable blood lust hiding behind his wide smirk. When you move your blades up to slash him, you were surprised to hear the sound of your metal reflecting to another hard sound; the sound of hardened keratin.

Through the intensely fast pace of your fight, you could tell that he has once again used his transformation quirk. He was matching your swordsmanship, countering each strike with his own. Harsh wind runs around the two of you, knocking over and destroying neighboring vegetation and broken land forms. It wasn't long before one of your blades slips out of your grasp, lost and abandoned somewhere on the vast field.

You take this chance to shoot out flames out of your free hand, scalding and stopping the boy from continuing his consistent spar. Relieving yourself of much needed oxygen, you take this time to see who M has transformed into. It was Syth - the boy with the animistic quirks that used to hang around your neighborhood; The boy who you and M once hanged around with back in your villainous days.