25: Place

Warning: Strong language ahead.

--- --- ---

"Stay with me," Katsuki coughs silently, gripping your hand tighter in his.

"Yeah, I should just stay with yo- wait.. WHAT?" You pause, stopping in your tracks to stare at the blushing blond. 

The two of you just had a little conversation about your current living conditions. Since you stopped taking on 'villainous' jobs, your part time income was not going to suffice for the coming rent, bills and other property taxes you had to pay all on your own now.

After you mentioned about being able to stay at your friend's place (the villain league hideout), Katsuki was uneasy about it; especially after you mentioned the presence of two male figures who would be present there. He remains silent for the entire duration of the rant.

"Just stay at my place," Katsuki huffs again before releasing your hand to continue walking down the empty streets, stuffing them in his pant's pockets instead. He tilts his head in a way so that it was harder for you to see his face in the warm, sunset lighting. After the initial shock, you quickly jog up to his speed to continue your questioning.

"I heard you, but are you sure though? They don't know that we're dating, right? And that I'm a-"

"Just shut up and let me do the fucking talking, okay?" Katsuki screams at you, his gaze still avoiding yours.

You smile when you could make out his red ears peer out quietly from behind his hair. Finding his hand again, you swing it gently as you continue down his streets. "Fine with me!"

-

When you both arrive to the doorsteps of Katsuki's place, you stand there awkwardly as you see his parents shuffling by the door. Judging by the amount of bags of food they were carrying in, they probably just returned home from a recent grocery shopping trip.

"Oh Katsuki! You're back! Help me with the bags-" Katsuki's mom begins to nag her son before meeting her eyes with yours. "Well, well, well. Who do we have here? Your girlfriend?"

"Shut up, you fucking hag! You're so annoying!" Katsuki mutters, brushing his way past his parents with you in his hand.

Surprised by his rude behavior to his parents, you release his hand, grabbing the bags off of his mother's hand instead. "You should help your parents, you stupid kid."

He lets out a frustrated grunt by your comment.

You ignore your boyfriend, turning around to his mother instead with a little smile. "I'm (Y/N), by the way. It's nice to meet you." 

His mother stops you immediately, pushing the bags off of you and onto her son. "Now we can't have our guest carry these heavy things in, now can we?" She pushes Katsuki into the house with the bags, throwing him a glare to get the job done. You could hear him growl angrily as he treads his way in.

"I'm Katsuki's mother, Mitsuki, and that over there is my husband, Masaru. Thanks for hanging out with that tempered son of mine!" She huffs at you, "so what's the relationship between the two of you?"

A crash from inside the house startles the three of you, jolting all of you up suddenly.

"That fucking boy," Mitsuki sighs as she marches in the house, "excuse me for just a second, (Y/N)."

Masaru pops out beside you, taking the last of the bags in. "Sorry about my wife, she's a bit... outgoing. Come on in, it must be cold."

"I- uh," you stumble, but the man just urges you in.